1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uvalde cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 26, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

The mother of the Uvalde school shooter Salvador Ramos emotionally wept as she called her son a 'coward' after relatives of one of the victims confronted her on the street.

Adriana Martinez was walking across the street in Uvalde when she was approached by relatives of one of the 19 children killed at Robb Elementary School on May 24, Telemundo reported.

'You have no right to judge my son!' Martinez screamed across a dirt lot to angry members of 10-year-old Amerie Jo Garza's family. 'May God forgive y'all.'

The confrontation started when a black SUV with members of Garza's family stopped in the middle of the street to confront Martinez who was crossing nearby, according to footage by Telemundo.

Some passengers rolled down their windows while others hopped out to shout at Martinez about her 18-year-old son who committed the heinous act that left 21 dead, including two teachers.

'What reason did he have? Because he was pissed off at you? Because you destroyed him?' one family member shouted.

'What reason did he have to kill 21 [people],' another relative screamed.

Martinez responded, 'I didn't know.'

She later added, 'I know my son was a coward. You don't think I don't know that? I know. You don't think I'm carrying all that with me? You don't think I don't know. I know. And I'm sorry.'

Garza's family was leaving a meeting with other relatives of the 19 students when the incident occurred, Telemundo noted. It's unclear whether Martinez was present at the meeting.

Days after the May 24 school massacre, Martinez told CNN her son 'had his reasons for doing what he did and please don't judge him.'

Martinez begged for forgiveness for herself and her son.

'I only want the innocent children who died to forgive me. Forgive me, forgive my son. I know he had his reasons.'

Ramos reportedly had a strained relationship with his mother - something she denies - and was living at his grandmother Celia Martinez Gonzalez's home when he went on the rampage.

Ramos shot his grandmother before fleeing to the elementary school. The two were in a fight about Ramos failing to graduate high school.

When asked why he targeted the elementary school, Martinez said it was 'to get closer to those children.'

'Instead of paying attention to the other bad things, I have no words. I don't know,' she said.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com she did not address claims she was a drug addict who saw the boy ditch her and go to live with his grandmother.

Speaking previously to DailyMail.com from San Antonio, Martinez said: 'My son wasn't a violent person. I'm surprised by what he did.

'I pray for those families. I'm praying for all of those innocent children, yes I am. They [the children] had no part in this.'

She was speaking from the hospital where her mother Gonzalez was still being treated for the gunshot wounds to her face.

Gonzalez, 66, survived the bullet wound to her forehead and notified police about the actions of her grandson on May 24.

Footage of the massacre recently released shows police standing back for 77 minutes as Ramos carried out the deadliest school massacre in Texas history.

Ramos entered in the elementary school after 11.30 a.m. with his AR-15 after he crashed his truck in a ditch outside.

He could be seen walking through the school hallway toward classrooms before firing into classrooms.

Police entered the school minutes after Ramos but retreated after Ramos shot at them.

Officers waited for an hour for specialized SWAT teams to arrive. Meanwhile dozens of officers could be seen lingering in the hallway with riffles as the shooting continued.

None of the officers took action and entered the classrooms to stop Ramos.

Ramos was declared dead more than an hour and a half later.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-gunned-19-students-said-victims-mother.html

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don’t judge him? Man shitty parents piss me ofc

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well what can we do about shitstains and failures of society...make money, move out and pretend they don't exist?

I don't think anyone wants a stronger incompetent government, and no one is going to fly down in fruity tights to "save us all"

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They simply didn't lock the doors agin?!??

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...interesting development...

Uvalde school district suspends entire police force

7. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Hooray for gov transparency!

Texas lawmakers signed NDAs to obtain Uvalde shooting case file

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/s...-nda/269-5d43e735-37b3-4a93-b656-f829ef6c05bb

UVALDE, Texas — Months after the Uvalde school shooting, the public and grieving families have continued pressing for answers about what happened on May 24.

But behind the scenes, a group of Texas lawmakers have gotten information from the confidential case file by signing non-disclosure agreements with the Department of Public Safety (DPS), the KVUE Defenders and KVUE's news partners at the Austin American-Statesman have learned.

The agreements are a highly unusual extension of secrecy in such a high-profile case.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That’s not fishy at all.

Is the FBI involved yet?

mdrowe00 and Rocket River like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Censorship!!!

Free speech!!!

mdrowe00 and IBTL like this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

Yeah the cops messed up and what not. But it's interesting to me how that's the main story and not the fact that everyone with a pulse is allowed to own a gun. At this point people should just shut the f*ck up and treat these shootings as natural disasters. Unlucky!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

DOJ report dropping.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

Amiga, RocketWalta and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

The report underscores how police made a costly error in assuming that the shooter was barricaded, or otherwise contained or dead, even as he continued to fire shots. That mistaken “mindset permeated throughout much of the incident response” as police, rather than rushing inside the classrooms to end the carnage, waited nearly an hour to confront the gunman in what the report called a costly “lack of urgency.”

The gunman, Salvador Ramos, was killed roughly 77 minutes after police arrived on the scene, when a tactical team led by the Border Patrol eventually went into the classroom to take him down.

The DOJ report details how early policing errors were compounded by communication failures in the ensuing days as authorities distributed inaccurate and conflicting information, sowing rumors and misinformation.

Texas clueless Governor. Greg Abbott initially praised the officers’ courage :mad::mad::mad:

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as Sandy Hook broke me and made me realize that there would never be legislative gun reform in this country, Uvalde showed me that there will never be political consequences for these types of massacres either. Greg Abbott pulled a knee-jerk "back the blue" card in the immediate aftermath of the shooting and still won 60% of the vote in Uvalde county.

omgTHEpotential, MadMax and ROCKSS like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't read the report yet but not surprised that it's devastating. Just a horrible situation all around.

17. adoo

adoo Member

Over 300 local officers were surrounding the school building; they waited for nearly an hour, and took action against the shooter who was inside the school building.

Grand jury called to investigate flawed police response to Uvalde shooting

Twelve jurors selected Friday will review law enforcement’s delayed response during Texas’
    deadliest school shooting and to determine whether criminal charges can be filed against officers

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

They sat outside and assumed that all of the kids were already dead, based on no intel whatsoever, when in fact that was not the case.

"Good guys with guns", huh? You had dozens of them vs 1 bad guy.

I'm sure the fact that the 1 bad guy had an AR didn't factor into their decision to sit around and let kids get murdered.

19. KingCheetah

basso and ROCKSS like this.