1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uvalde cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 26, 2022.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The cop getting hand sanitizer is the crap I knew would come out. This POS is worried about picking up a cold and kids are being shot.

2. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

How long before people start suggesting we arm every student? I feel like in a few years thats gonna be the next escalation when arming teachers doesnt work.

The uncomfortable truth is if someone wants you dead, its very easy for them to do so. Like the IRA said, you have to be lucky all thr time (your attacker) just has to get lucky once.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

kids might get fitted for bullet proof vests as part of their school supplies that they’ll keep at their desk while teachers have the weapons

TheJuice likes this.
  4. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I honestly feel like we live in 2000s Iraq or Lebanon sometimes. Political gridlock, religious nuts, constant mass shootings. They already sell bulletproof backpacks.

Honestly, the drills are useless. I remember doing one in HS and realized that we were all huddled in a corner. It would take 5 seconds for an automatic weapon to take hs all out. The goal I think was that the shooter "wouldnt know we were in there"...but as I also realized, if the shooter was a student theyd know that most classrooms at are over cramped HS would have a class in session.

I also remember Newtown; which only stood out to me because it was an elementary school. Now thats not even a rarity anymore.

Somewhere those sick Columbine kids are burning in hell with **** eating grins knowing they inspired so many copycats who in turn have inspired more.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/17/law-enforcement-failure-uvalde-shooting-investigation/

The 18-year-old who massacred 19 students and two teachers in Uvalde on May 24 had no experience with firearms before his rampage began. He targeted an elementary school with an active shooter policy that had been deemed adequate but also a long history of doors propped open.

No one was able to stop the gunman from carrying out the deadliest school shooting in Texas history, in part because of “systemic failures and egregious poor decision making” by nearly everyone involved who was in a position of power, a new investigation into the shooting has found.

On Sunday, a Texas House committee released the most exhaustive account yet of the shooter, his planning, his attack and the fumbling response he provoked.

The 77-page report, reviewed by The Texas Tribune, provides a damning portrayal of a family unable to recognize warning signs, a school district that had strayed from strict adherence to its safety plan and a police response that disregarded its own active-shooter training.

It explains how the gunman, who investigators believe had never fired a gun before May 24, was able to stockpile military-style rifles, accessories and ammunition without arousing suspicion from authorities, enter a supposedly secure school unimpeded and indiscriminately kill children and adults.

In total, 376 law enforcement officers — a force larger than the garrison that defended the Alamo — descended upon the school in a chaotic, uncoordinated scene that lasted for more than an hour. The group was devoid of clear leadership, basic communications and sufficient urgency to take down the gunman, the report says.

The report also reveals for the first time that the overwhelming majority of responders were federal and state law enforcement: 149 were U.S. Border Patrol, and 91 were state police — whose responsibilities include responding to “mass attacks in public places.” There were 25 Uvalde police officers and 16 sheriff’s deputies. Arredondo’s school police force accounted for five of the officers on the scene. The rest of the force was made up of neighboring county law enforcement, U.S. Marshals, and federal Drug Enforcement Agency officers.

The investigators said that in the absence of a strong incident commander, another officer could have — and should have — stepped up to the task.

“These local officials were not the only ones expected to supply the leadership needed during this tragedy,” the report said. “Hundreds of responders from numerous law enforcement agencies — many of whom were better trained and better equipped than the school district police — quickly arrived on the scene.”

The other responders “could have helped to address the unfolding chaos.”

The three committee members — Rep. Dustin Burrows, R-Lubbock; Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso and former state Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman — said they sought to create a comprehensive account the Legislature can use to craft policies aimed at preventing future massacres. The trio also sought to present an accurate narrative to the public, in contrast to several conflicting and retracted accounts provided by other officials, including the governor and state police, in the seven weeks since the tragedy that have undermined residents’ trust in the ongoing investigations.

[MORE AT LINK]

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Biggest p*****s on this side of Mexico

Blatz likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

WTF, One of the last ones to get in the hallway and says, "careful guys, shots fired." 20 minutes in, and another one of these top-notched officers is still trying to get his body armor on.

I don't see how any of these people can put a badge on and still be able to look themselves in the mirror,

IBTL and cheke64 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

These are small town cops... it'd be like expecting them to crack an ongoing serial killer spree.

Kim likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I blame the Zavala County Constable

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm watching the some of the body cam video now and this is a terrible failure of leadership on the part of Arredondo. There appers to be a lot of confusion and second guessing by leadership on the scene.

Blatz likes this.
  12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Uvalde city council angry at media. They wanted to show a heavily edited version of the video.

Blatz likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Can't blame this on ONE person. While leadership was very important, there were plenty of opportunities for someone to step up. Just 1 out 376 to step up and lead a few of them.

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

hey, participation trophies and commendation all around then.

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except there were also Border Patrol Officers and even a Texas Ranger on scene yet they still dawdled. There were failures among several branches of LE.

Blatz and dobro1229 like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Such a gun lovin state with attack dogs licenced to kill.

Uhhh let's wait till the perp runs outta ammo.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Part of active shooter training for cops should be watching the sniper scene from Full Metal Jacket. When it comes to an active shooter be Animal Mother, not Cowboy.... who still dies trying to hide, and get more help.

The issue was fear of an AR15 vs the tools they had, and the length of time it took for them to get the shields they knew they needed to stop an AR bullet. They put their lives ahead of the lives of children in the end and that tends to be a trend in policing where there's just never any chances taken to their wellbeing anymore.

I'm not a defund the police kind of guy, but at some point we have to just realize that policing in this country is hot garbage. If they are going to be incompetent in these type of situations then I'd rather our police force to go back to being Barney Fife type of community police types. I mean we are now all expected to be our own private militarized security anyways now thank to the NRA and the GOP. WTF do I even need cops for anymore if the GOP has taken away my freedom to not have to use violent force to protect my family???

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

20. Invisible Fan

omgTHEpotential likes this.