1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UTEP at UH

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by JeeberD, Oct 19, 2006.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

So how many of y'all are gonna be there Saturday evening? There's some sort of engineering conference going on in Houston this weekend, so expect a higher than usual Miner road turnout.

Should be a fun game...

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wrong forum.. like the UT hoops thread

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

correct forum.

i'll be there.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

It's an ISA (Instrument Society of America) conference. That is a relatively specialized field, so I wouldn't expect a huge increase in UTEP attendance.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

is it really? Do all Texas schools fall under this forum now? Guess I missed that..or never realized it.

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I don't know about you, but i consider UH/Rice part of other Houston sports.

7. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

UH needs to play a lot better especially on D. Or we are going to be blown out. 6 point favorites or not.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

UH is favored?

Was the guy setting the line smoking bad crack?

Put your money on UTEP.

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I will be there loud and proud as always!

Go Coogs!

UH- 41

utep-27

10. surrender

surrender Member

I have a bad feeling about this game, like the rest of the games this season, but I'm still going.

Being a UH fan is like pimpin: it ain't easy

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Kolb might hit the 450yd passing mark in this game. Utep secondary is a joke.

12. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I have been a big UofH supporter and will continue to be, but I have finally stopped hoping for a really good year from them. 7-6 or 8-5 is a decent year and that is the best we as Cougar fans can hope for even though we have one of the easiest schedules in the country. We need to get a new coach, but the university does not care enough about the football program to give the money necessary to hire anyone decent. This year was our best chance to have a really good season, and with Kevin, Vincent, etc leaving after this year next year is not looking so good. It is extremely frustrating to be a fan right now, and I wish the university would show some effort toward making us into a winning program but I don't see that happening anytime soon. :(

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Briles seemed like the perfect hire at the time, being an UH alum etc. But sometimes these pass-happy coaches forget about the things that win football games in the long term...like running the ball and recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. See Texas Tech.

Being a Coog fan from afar, I still think Briles is a good coach. But he needs to understand that to win games, you have to run the football and stop the other team from running the football. Even with all these crazy offenses teams are running all over the country, some things about football just never change.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

True, but we need a GD win, not stats...losing 3 in a row sucks...

Coogs: 31
    UTEP: 28

15. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

*shrug*

I know a number of guys from the UTEP board are making the trip down there from El Paso...

Lil Francis is right, Kolb should light us up for a bunch of yards. The question is how many TDs he'll throw...our secondary bends a whole lot but doesn't break a ton.

Your o-line situation will give us a shot at this sucker.

Miners 34
    Coogs 30

16. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yea it does. I think what killed UH was the Miami game. I bet anything if they would have beaten Miami then they would have destroyed LALA the next week. Kinda like when Fresno lost to USC and after that it seem like their spirit went down the drain.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'll be there...went to school at UH for 4.5 years, graduated almost 3 years ago...and this will be my first game to attend. :D

18. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The 2006 UH football season is starting to resemble a slug with salt poured on it.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i won't be making it. i sure hope they get their **** together.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Briles runs the ball more often, and more effectively, than any other coach we've had since Bill freakin' Yeoman.

Just because Briles coached for Tech doesn't mean he's "pass happy".. in fact, he's RUN happy.