1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah's Road Record...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by brooksstephens, Feb 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brooksstephens

12-17 on the road... including last nights blowout loss in Chicago. Why is playing on the road such a huge obstacle for such a good team???

2. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

utah lost to the clippers last night on the road...denver lost to chicago

3. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

They are still a relatively young team. Last time I checked, they only beat us once in the playoffs in Houston last year... game 7 :mad:

Not to mention, they don't receive the officiating that they do in Utah... which has always been strange and BS.

4. brooksstephens

My bad, you're right. Guess I "misremembered". But that's just as bad, if not worse.

5. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Ya it is pretty bad..at first when isaw them losing i thought they had an injury or something

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seems like it's a part of the Jazz franchise DNA to have a big disparity between home and road success. Just like the Rockets seem to be the opposite. Just like the Suns seem to always win 50+ games, play fast-paced and lead the league in blowout wins. Just like the Clippers are always pathetic except for rare flukes. Etc.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

The Jazz were flat last nite.

But did the Jazz look like a bad road team in last year playoffs? Nada. That's all it matters.

8. brooksstephens

And another horrible road loss for the Jazz to a pretty sorry team.. I can't decide whether this is a really good team that has problems on the road... or just an above average team that gets a boost from playing at home.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

How are the Rockets the opposite? Our road record isn't better than our home record. It's worse just like the Jazz. Our road record is only worse by 2 losses, that's not that much difference.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We play better on the road. However, our opponents generally play better at home. That's why our road record isn't quite as good as our home record.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

1-0 in game 7s on houston's home court.

bastards.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I meant historically, not just this season. The last 15-20 years, seems like the Jazz always have a good home record but have trouble on the road while the Rockets often play as well on the road as at home.

I'm shocked by tonight's loss to Minny. This isn't what you expect from a team locking themselves into a strong closing run. Based on the box score, looks like the Jazz played no defense at all in the 4th quarter.

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Somebody just lost to the Twolves.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

stupid seeding rules, Jazz still 4th even though they have more losses then some teams below them

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

By playing better on the road, our road record would be better than our home record.

16. FFz

FFz Member

Indeed its complete crap... Rockets and dallas get screwed, 4/5th seed is the best seed apparently if we can't get 1st.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Man, they really need to change the playoff seeding rule again. I am all for a division winner to get an automatic playoff spot, but they really need to seed the teams according to records.

18. FFz

FFz Member

I watched the game today agianst the Pistons and its just an okay team playing on a sick sick home court... Their home court basically brought them back into the game. The refs were scared to make any calls for the pistons and the jazz got to play their physical brand of basketball without too many fouls called against them.

Their defense in the first half, when the fans weren't into the game, was horrible. They just get into people's heads playing physical and playing the refs.

19. brooksstephens

12-19 now... it's just a completely different team on the road...

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

+1. I agree 100%. It sucks to see the Rockets in 7th, and meanwhile, the Jazz in 4th with a worse record.