1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz Podcasts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I listened to these recently because I am curious how the Jazz is going to approach the trade deadline. Also, kind of interesting to hear how the GM/broadcasters/radio show hosts in another market view things.

Here's an interview with Kevin O'Connor, Utah Jazz VP of Bball Operations done before the game last night:

http://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20130128_012813_koc-WEB.mp3

He has been with the team a long time and is really more of an "old school" guy than a "moneyball" guy (to the extent these things are different from each other). A good guy to compare to contrast with how Morey sounds on radio, I think.

Here's an interview with Utah Jazz radio play-by-play guy David Locke, done this morning:

http://c296307.r7.cf1.rackcdn.com/lockedonjazz/files/2013/01/DJPK-012913-David-Locke.mp3

Locke addresses, among other things, the radio hosts complaint about why the Jazz are not tanking and giving "developmental" minutes to young guys (sound familiar)?

2 people like this.
  2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for the link. I think the "Westerm Conf. team where opposing GMs don't know who is making the call" mentioned by Locke was the Baylor/Dunleavy era Clippers. Any other guesses?