1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah hiker, Fake story?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Oct 23, 2020.

?

Did she survive 2 weeks at mt Zion park by herself?

1. Yes she drank her piss and ate wild rats

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No she faked this story with her daughter

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

had a head injury too? Now there’s an 11k go fund me ?? Didn’t bring her cell ?
    No food? Bull

#1 tinman, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

glad she survived. what a warrior. i heard karla malone showed up and helped them survive.

Invisible Fan and tinman like this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's a weird story. On one side I can see the sheriff trying to play damage control for not finding her quickly when it seems likely they should have if she was at that location. On the other hand the phantom head injury and the water issue... I assume they are talking about Giardia and erroneously mentioned "bacteria." Giardia is not a bacteria, but would likely be the culprit in making people sick from drinking that kind of water. HOWEVER, not everyone will show symptoms from ingesting that parasite, so in theory she could have drank that water and been okay. The head injury seems easier to explain. She wouldn't have necessarily had to split her head open for it to be a significant injury. If she was concussed, combined with no food, dehydration, being outside in the sun for that long, then she would have been delirious, and it could/probably would have manifested in physical symptoms.

The story casts a shadow of doubt with her seemingly disappearing out of nowhere without telling anyone. I don't think that's hard to explain at all. I've thought about just disappearing for a weekend and going on a hiking trip myself. However, her not prepping by bringing any food or anything else doesn't add up. If she is an "experienced hiker" she would have known better. I suppose it's possible she had a mental health breakdown, and wasn't thinking straight, which led to her doing all this to begin with. Actually that would explain a lot of things, and wouldn't be too farfetched given the stresses of this year.

In summary, I could see it being true as there are possible explanations for the holes, and crazy survival stories are just that: Crazy, and hard to believe. But if I had to put money on it I would guess it is fake news and financially motivated.

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

‘'She’s in that main part of the canyon, which always has thousands of people walking up and down those trails. ’

also the daughter just didn’t seem like she was terrified her mother might be dead . Too calm in her plea for help.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Crazy eyes & Utah. Conspiracy theory checks out.

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Decent looking for almost 40. 100 pounds soaking wet. Not guilty.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I know, rite? My wife is 39 and an old maid. Here's a pic of her this morning after we got frisky.

[​IMG]

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: He was indeed talking about a bacteria that attacks the nervous system, not Giardia

There was a big bloom in August 2020 at Zion, posted on their website and trails. Likely all the Rangers/Sheriffs looking for her discussed that.

[​IMG]

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

As I said, I would bet it's fake news. What you just mentioned is the most damning evidence against her. But a lot of the other things can be explained. Still a lot of if's though.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. STR8Thugg

Interesting! I definitely figured it was a mistake and he was talking about Giardia. Doesn't sound like that can be explained then...

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Maybe she was hiding one of those straws that filters water up her vagina?

I haven’t seen before and after pics so I don’t know. Also, what was her before and after weight? It seems awfully convenient to leave your cellphone behind. Seems fishy.

tinman likes this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

WTF...NOTHING FAKE EVER COMES OUT OF UTAH....

Signed...

[​IMG]

STR8Thugg and Xerobull like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Strong said the family took Courtier to the hospital immediately after finding her at the park, where they say a doctor diagnosed Holly with a concussion and potential nerve damage in her feet. The family said Courtier had lost approximately 18 pounds while out in the wilderness.

@STR8Thugg Maybe she did drink that water ... ofc, doctor could verify if a bacteria caused the nerve damage, you'd think.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad she is ok.

DD

16. STR8Thugg

Yup....Like I said a lot of these things can be easily explained if you dig into it.

Starting to think this is legit.

17. STR8Thugg

"Anatoxin-a group:

Tingling, burning, numbness, drowsiness, incoherent speech, salivation, respiratory paralysis leading to death (experimental animals)

Chrysosporum (Aphanizomenon) ovalisporum, Cuspidothrix, Raphidiopsis, Cylindrospermum, Dolichospermum, Microcystis, Oscillatoria, Planktothrix, Phormidium, Dolichospermum flos-aquae, A. lemmermannii Raphidiopsis mediterranea (strain of Raphidiopsis raciborskii), Tychonema and Woronichinia"

Apparently lethal dose is not known for humans, but estimated to be 5mg for an adult male.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

so she ate nothing before she came there and ate nothing for 2 weeks?
    Is she trying to be on a We are the World music video?

that's not really logical

also NOBODY SAW HER FOR TWO WEEKS??

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Cashin says it’s a “high possibility” Courtier would have died if she was drinking the river water for 12 days amid a toxic algal bloom detected in the north fork of the Virgin River in early July. Without any water, she would have died within two to three days, he says.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Utah subreddit thinks it's BS. Lots of people have hiked the area she was in and say it's nearly impossible to get lost for 2 weeks. There are cracks in the story and the family is backtracking already.

tinman likes this.