1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT vs. Michigan - Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Da Man, Dec 5, 2004.

1. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Haha, I knew that would be taken the wrong way. How about, "The only team to outplay USC in the last two years."

2. super_mario

super_mario Member

For those of you going to the Rose Bowl, its going to be a blast. Don't worry about tickets because the Rose Bowl never sells out. There are plenty of hotels also.

I went when my school played almost 10 years ago. I think that I bought tickets the day of the game. Don't remember if it was from a scalper.

Unfortunately, my school lost. Damn you Keyshawn Johnson!:mad:

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Last I checked, fumbles count. :)

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

How does that say that Texas got their "butt kicked?"

It was 6-0 well into the fourth quarter. It was a close game, and most Sooners will even concede that.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

umm, if not for october 9th, we'd be undefeated and talking about being in the championship game. of course we'd have run away with the at-large berth. unless you meant something else.

6. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Certainly it could be construed that way but let's not forget that this is the 2003 co-champs and the 2004 wire-to-wire #1. And, ummm, CAL didn't lose another game this year so maybe the LOSS was an anomaly (certainly seemed that way in the box score).

Wouldn't life in Texas be much better if they viewed those losses to OU as an anomaly?

I hear ya brother, I hear ya! :D

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

8. drapg

drapg Member

2 roundtrip airplane tickets to LA... CHECK!

2 endzone seats in Row 12 at the Rose Bowl... CHECK!

1 UT vs. UM official Rose Bowl t-shirt from the University Co-op online store... CHECK!

1 lucky UT ballcap signed by Casey Hampton... CHECK!

1 "Go Horns" UT wristband... CHECK!

I'm LA bound on the first boys! With my Univ. of Michigan alumnus of a father!

I don't think I've ever been this happy!!!!!

I can't wait to crush my old man's spirit in front of 100,000 people!

(my apologies for digging up an old thread.)

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Awesome drapg!!! I'm extremely jealous. If I wasn't already planning a trip out there in February for my nephew's birth, I'd be going to the game too!

10. drapg

drapg Member

Yeah, the plane tickets were a fortune to fly into LAX on the morning of the first and taking the redeye back after the game.

But its my first UT road trip (never been to the RRS), so I figure I deserve to splurge.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Man, the plane ticket prices were brutal. Had I not been to Boulder and Palo Alto to see them, I'd probably be there with you. You bastid. :D

12. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

just got my tickets in the mail as well. tunnel 11, row 42 in the endzone of the UM section. i will sporting my burnt orange cap and t-shirt.

we are caravaning out to LA, stopping in PHX, pricelined some hotels and got some good deals on rental cars. hope we make it there and back safely!! :)

HOOK'EM HORNS!!!

i too apologize for bringing up an old thread.