1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Pass.

On the radio after the game, they were saying some inside the program might feel there hasn’t been enough focus on stretch training and heavy weights however they could have been full of ****.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Eh we’ve been talking about strength and conditioning going back to Mad Dog days. These losses fall on Sark, zero counter from him.

That being said, hope Sark doesn’t pull a Herman and stick with this staff. With Ed O gone, you throw the kitchen sink at their DB and S&C coach. Don’t know who will be available at DC but Pete K has been a disaster.

3. raining threes

It's soccer

Real football is played on a field that has bands and cheerlearders.

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. gucci888

We saw year one boosts under our past few DCs at least, including Manny from what I remember. They all got shot to hell year two and after so maybe it'll be the opposite under PK?

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like our coaches.
    We need recruits, ESPECIALLY the O and D line.

As horrible the last two weeks have been, I think we're #4 in recruiting because of Sark.

7. Brando2101

Are you a real person or a parody? This is such a stupid old white American thing to say. Whatever.

Hopefully we don't lose more than 2 games the rest of the season. It might get ugly for sark if we do.

8. gucci888

Agreed on shoring up lines. I liked the staff as well but Raymond (DB) and Moffitt (S&C) from LSU are widely considered the best in the country. They’d be immediate upgrades.

tinman likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We need a tight end.

DD

10. raining threes

What, if I make fun of a sport that if this country was serious about we would be great at it because many great BB players were also great soccer players. Uncomfortable fact, Look at UT expanding the stadium, they're doing this for a reason. Soccer will never in our lifetime have this kind of following in this country. Soccer is a niche sport, nothing more or less. If that makes me an old white guy in your eyes then so be it. But the numbers are the numbers.

Agreed about the 2 more losses. But Sark needs a couple of yrs to get HIS team together.

11. Brando2101

Just ignore it if you don't like it. No one asked you or cares about why you don't like soccer. Just be cool man. It's not hard.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Our schemes are fine. We just need and lineman on both sides of the ball.

13. raining threes

I do ignore it, except for the world cup.

Great excuse for the world to go day drinking.

I was just pointing out what football looks like in this country. Sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

youth participation in baseball and basketball has held steady. While soccer has increased and football has decreased. take that however you like

DaDakota, Brando2101 and rockbox like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

This is basically it. Serious OL/DL/LB recruits fix a whole lot of ****ing problems.

16. Buck Turgidson

Nothing against you, but this is one of the biggest problems with the UT program, is the constant **** being thrown out like this by "some inside the program"

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  17. Brando2101

i completely agree. I think the $9.95 industry is a net negative for the program but they get people addicted.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. gucci888

Yes it should. Coaching needs to improve in the meantime IMO. We’ve gotten beat to holy hell the last 2 halves with almost zero counter.

19. Buck Turgidson

Absolutely no doubt. They're a team of 2 halves, and I can't figure out why. Hopefully the coaches can.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Ran out of gas. :(

Buck Turgidson likes this.