1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Didn't they offer it to him last year?

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Where is Charlie Strong when Texas needs him? LOL

3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

This team STILL hasn't recovered from Colt McCoy going down in the natty

With Ol' boy Urban in Jacksonville, managed to fail upwards to DC over there.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Tell him that there’s plenty of coeds that would grind him in Austin

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Was Roschon out today? Bijan has been amazing but need to get Roschon and Keilan some carries IMO.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Biggest choke job since the Oilers lost the game in Buffalo - to not get Bijan Robinson the ball in the flat or in space is terrible, always throwing long - no working the clock, running the ball out late - for no reason - just stupidity up and down the line.

This game turned on 3 plays.

1. The OK QB tossing the ball up for grabs and our LCB falling down - converting a very long 3rd and 19 I believe.
    2. The OK QB tossing it up for grabs again, and they scored a TD on it.
    3. The kid trying to return the kick and not protecting the ball.

A lack of smarts, and discipline - pisses me off......get your best player the GOD DAMNED BALL!!!!

The D was gassed......and BTW why are we playing Prevent defense when all they need is a FG.....and you PRESSURE a Freshman QB....damnit....

BTW - Spencer Rattler report to the transfer portal your time is up.

DD

javal_lon likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Classic Cluster****

9. Buck Turgidson

Completely crazy flukey bullsh!t combined with massive incompetence
    • 2nd half offense was just pathetic, I have no idea what Sark and his coaches were thinking/doing
    • ZERO play action or getting QB out of the pocket, all the while OU has 7+ in the box selling out to stop the run then go at QB in pocket
    • Last drive we went to 2 TE or TE+RB to block, and we march downfield
    • Whoever the idiot was that ran the kickoff out from 8 yards deep and then fumbled....
    • Refs gave OU 7 points at least, we gave them an extra 15
    • OU OL holds on every. single. ****ing. play. I think the first flag against them was in the 4Q
    • Bad snaps bounce right to the OU QB, and he turned every single one into positive plays
    • HORRIBLE tackling by the defense, and HORRIBLE coverage by the DBs
    I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

#14049 Buck Turgidson, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  10. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

You guys sure you want SEC? Might as well stay in big 12 and play with UH :)

11. Buck Turgidson

LOL, nice try Coog.

MexAmercnMoose and Brando2101 like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I regret this post.

13. Buck Turgidson

Good point, I'm not sure I saw anyone in the backfield other than Bijan.

Looks like Whittington is hurt again, I feel so bad for him.

raining threes likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Yeah the way he was carrying that arm/elbow, looked like something was broken.

DD

raining threes likes this.
  15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was Worthy who ran the kickoff out, trying to make a play. Big mistake on his part, but otherwise he had an insane game.

Mims was hand-fighting a lot on those catches he made. You could see full arms extended. It's borderline offensive PI, but refs let them play. OU got lucky on a lot of bounces like those bad snaps. Defense just gave up big plays on it.

Offensive played well enough, despite an anemic second half. Defense was just terrible after Rattler got benched.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

It always sucks to lose to blowU, but today's loss really hurts. Up by 21 in the 3rd and then choking it away. Texas's football IQ is lacking, to put it mildly. Worthy is awesome and all, but WTF was he thinking bringing that KO out of the endzone. And our defense sucks at basic fundamentals (e.g. tackling). Tackling has been a problem with the Horns for YEARS.

At least with the defense, the warning signs were there for awhile. They did give up 35 pts to Tech and had their struggles with TCU. That side of the ball will probably remain an issue for the rest of the season.

Jury is still out on Sark. (He is better than Strong and Herman though.)

I am glad that the ABC announcers called out the fact that OU holds on many plays and the refs almost never throw the flag.

17. Buck Turgidson

Did they? Good for them for noticing at some point. I had the sound off half the time, watching from outside. As Duncan mentioned above there was a ton of pushing and whatnot on a couple of the TD receptions, but I'm ok with that as long as they're not being ticky-tacky both ways.

Ref crew was absolutely ****ing horrible. Not reviewing the sack/fumble/incomplete pass is a fireable offense in my eyes, then add on top of that the OU receiver being out of bounds and coming back for the catch (that they apparently never looked at during the review, it was blatantly obvious). That Ref should never work again.

I'm sure the conference chief of officials will have a great statement on Monday acknowledging that they blew those calls. Lot of good it does after the game's over.

18. DaDakota

I thought I hard the TV referee announcer say running out of bounds was not a reviewable play - but not quite sure.....iirc.

DD

19. Buck Turgidson

Nope, he clearly, repeatedly said that was reviewable. He was very confused why it was ruled a catch.

The only judgement call to be made is if the receiver was forced out of bounds by a defender, and that was obviously not the case today. 100% blown call cost us 7 and the momentum.

20. Damion Laverne

No offensive adjustments from Sark in the second half until it was too late

Defense wore down then and you could see it (missed tackles, near takeaway plays)

Rattler stinks

Buck Turgidson likes this.