1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Better be an unpaid position considering how many people CDC laid off last year that actually do work.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I looked at Rivals just now and i think i counted 12 of the top 42 recruits going to Alabama this year. HS football players all turned into a bunch of Kevin Durant's.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. gucci888

2021 class finalized today adding 3 more players to the mix:

4* CB Ishmael Ibraheem
    3* WR Keithron Lee
    3* DE David Abiara

Sark ends up inheriting a 17th ranked class with just one 5* player. There are some decent prospects but Herman absolutely screwed the pooch with OL and QB this class.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

transfer portal haul is good

Rudyc281 and gucci888 like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

UT also screwed the pooch by waiting until after the bowl game to fire Herman.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not too worried at Quarterback. I think Casey Thompson is the real deal and will man the position for a while.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

This decision hasn't worked for a lot of people recently. Hopefully it works out for you.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. gucci888

Don’t recall if or when they said Sark agreed but fine with the back to back firing and hiring announcement. Too much can happen in recruiting if you are seemingly in an all out coaching search.

tinman likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you have this same energy when Texas was getting everybody?

Did you say the same about in state recruits when they all went to Texas?

Not a good look.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol you’re joking right? UT did great with recruiting for a good amount of time. Cory Redding Chris Simms Garrett Gilbert etc etc.

But it is nothing even remotely close to what Alabama has done for also a much longer amount of time. If you need proof of that I can post it later when I’m at my laptop. Otherwise it’s comparable at all.

Not a good look lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Going to the CFP every season and getting tons of players drafted will get you good recruits. Make no mistake, if Texas ever gets into the CFP again, we will be top 3 in recruiting the following year. I guarantee it.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No I am not joking UT had Texas on lock for about 4 years and Texas had the best recruits in the nation most years they also got bigtime recruits from Calif, they were a top 5 lock in recruiting for the same amount of time and did you call those recruits the same as Durant?

They were doing the same thing going to team that was already stacked did you have an issue with that.

I mean what is your point anyway top programs get the best recruits, that has happened since College Football has been big time.

What's the cut off 10 instead of 12 of the top 42?

Is it the last 5 guys who are like Durant or if those guys were in the bottom 50 of the top 100 they are not like Durant?

Its sour grapes is what it is and its not a good look, you are belittling the recruits because they want to go to a top flight program.

Nook likes this.
  14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Oh man.... can't believe we open with the Cajuns this year with a whole new coaching staff and starting QB. Hopefully their 2020 season was a fluke.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

UT has had one #1 recruiting classes in the last 20 years. I do not believe any other team has had more than one besides Alabama. Since 2008 Alabama has had 9 #1 classes. Along with a #2 and #3.

UT’s run in recruiting was very good. That is not even in the same stratosphere as Alabama though. So I don’t even know what the hell you’re going on about. Alabama’s recruiting is unprecedented. So take all that for what it is worth. Teams have runs but nothing like this. And to me it is like Durant joining a 73 win team. Sue me Nick Cage IDGAF

mtbrays likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you just Jelly?

Got it.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sure let's say I am jealous.

Let us also say my comparison was apt and you're IQ leaves me to likely portend this conversation to be a waste of time.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your comparison was not apt because none of these recruits got beat by Alabama.

An apt comparison would be if Fields transfered to Alabama or Mond.

Anyway I am not trying to fight I get it, I just thought it was crazy to compare recruits to Durant.

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone is jelly of Alabama after the last decade.

Pringles, gucci888, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  20. gucci888

Top 25 matchup. After the Iowa State upset, ULA had a lot of razor thin wins over the likes of Georgia State, Georgia Southern, UAB, Appalachian State, etc...so we’ll see. Sark has to get these kids ready to play for sure though. Pulling a Maryland would be absolutely disastrous.

Brando2101 and Pringles like this.