1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

What about flight tracker and real estate agents?

2. updawg

updawg Member

It’s all about stalking family members on Twitter, Instagram, etc these days

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

#13104 J.R., Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    raining threes and updawg like this.
  5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

6. gucci888

Add Keontay Ingram to the list of opt-outs...most likely will enter transfer portal.

raining threes likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

If ThEy WaNtEd To OpT oUt, ThEy WoUlD hAvE aLrEaDy DoNe So!

;)

raining threes and gucci888 like this.
  8. gucci888

Herman has zero pulse on the team.

So much at play this week. Apparently we are still waiting on Urban. But if CDC strikes out and we have to go on an all out coaching search, think we’d really see a mass exodus of the team.

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is keontay a rumor?

10. raining threes

Art Briles?

LOL

11. Major

Major Member

Texas: Urban Meyer rumors making Longhorns fans inspect hotel curtains (usatoday.com)

If someone ever asks you to explain college football, the following anecdote should be a pretty good way to explain the absolute lunacy that this sport inspires in its fans.

Texas Longhorns fans are of the belief that their team’s next coach could be Urban Meyer. It’s just rumors at this point, speculation. Texas is theoretically a big job, Meyer is a big name that’s available. It makes sense that they would be linked.

Yet now Longhorns fans are determined to prove that this hiring is happening, and will not wait for any announcement from anyone to confirm it. They’re going full Sherlock Holmes on this thing — and are now, on message boards, inspecting hotel curtains that were in the background of a Meyer TV appearance to see if he’s possibly in Austin, Texas.

The amateur sleuths have matched the curtains to photos from the website of Horseshoe Resort, a hotel and spa outside Austin.

When another commenter noted that there appeared to be a ceiling fan above Meyer’s head, and very few hotels have ceiling fans, the enterprising detectives dug up more photos of the suites at the Horseshoe Resort to find that they did indeed have ceiling fans.

I host an investigative true crime podcast (shameless plug — subscribe to The Sneak!) and I can only dream of having the commitment and investigative skills necessary to link a man to a job using only curtains and a ceiling fan.

How did they even know to look at that hotel? What is even happening?

Buck Turgidson and gucci888 like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. Buck Turgidson

This is an awesome article, there's so much stupid **** wrong with it that I don't know where to begin.

It's not "Horseshoe Resort" you dipf*ck "insiders", it's "Horseshoe Bay". They have their own airport, so tell your real estate agents and air traffic controllers to get their **** together. And yes, it's ****ing Texas, there are ceiling fans in the suites (there's also condos, bungalows, lakehouses, etc)...you think Urban is staying in a 1+ at the La Quinta?

raining threes, King1 and Pringles like this.
  14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I like it because I think it makes the case that the problem with Texas is the fans and $9.95ers. I suppose the only coach that can truly deal with it is a Saban like one that can just tell all the media and fans to **** off and people will applaud him for it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://247sports.com/Article/Tom-H...bstreit-coaching-carousel-hot-seat-156113598/

(Reece Davis: If Tom Herman is given another year or more time, what do you think will be different?)

Herbstreit: I don’t think it’s gonna be different no matter what. I did some homework and went back and want to read this real quick. “That season, after upsetting the number one ranked SMU team and before topping Baylor, UT coach Blair Cherry, perhaps after receiving one too many nasty telegrams, dropped a bomb. He announced he was gonna walk away from college football, in part because he was sick and tired of Texas fans expecting him to win every game.” What year was that? (1950)

Tom Herman winning this game doesn’t matter. This has been going on for 70 years and maybe before Blair Cherry. To me, it’s unrealistic expectations. It’s nine regents that have the power of having...imagine having nine Jerry Jones looking over your shoulder after everything you’re doing. Not one, nine. It’s gonna take an Urban Meyer, Nick Saban personality to be able to handle that.

(Reece Davis: Some say Herman has done that. My way or the highway. Hasn’t worked. I think Texas should have those types of expectations.)

Of course they should but go back and look at their history man. Mack had a good run from ‘98 to ‘09. They’re not what you think they are, as far as their history. They’re not. They’ve had some good years but to think they should...think about the last time besides Mack’s era, when was the last time they were competing for a National Championship? Earl Campbell? That was in the ‘70s.

It’s hard to run any kind of corporation or operation of college football, let alone when you have people questioning every decision you make as a coach. Who you’re recruiting, why didn’t you get that QB out of Waco? Why didn’t you get this guy out of Austin? That’s a lot to deal with. Then you go to the press conference and deal with “Are you gonna get fired this week?” “Are you gonna get fired this week?” Charlie Strong did his opening press conference and there was a prominent booster saying “We made a mistake here. I don’t know why he’s the coach.” Can you imagine dealing with that?

(Desmond Howard: RD made an interesting point. Herman came in and it was my way or the highway. When I spoke to former players, they said that’s the problem. They said he cannot connect with the players. There’s a gross disconnect between the head coach Herman and the players. That’s what you’re seeing.

KH: Former players or current players?

DH: Sam Cosmi opted out. Caden Sterns. Current players, they’re opting out. Captains.)

#13115 J.R., Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  16. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

La Quinta; Spanish for 'next to a Denny's'

17. Buck Turgidson

Anyone notice if Urban was in the studio this morning? And were there any ceiling fans?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Urban was in studio

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Bijan rocks.

raining threes and tinman like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Makes me hope Keontay is indeed transferring, there's no reason to split carries 3 ways next year. Bijan-Roschon are all you need, plus a 3rd stringer for mop-up/blowout duty.

tinman and Brando2101 like this.