1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USSC decisions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 15, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As if being adjudicated for sexual assault makes it all better for @spaceghost. He knows exactly what trump did, and makes himself feel better for supporting a convicted felon and rapist (and yes, the judge in the case did say trump committed rape). But that is the test of his integrity... trying to play word games to cover his own responsibility in supporting trump.

MadMax likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Bizarre world we live in. We mock and criticize Russia, North Korea and Iran for allowing their dictators to rule.

Meanwhile, Americans speak in hyperbole about leaders allowed to assasinate political opponents if they are deemed a threat, while also going full court press to jail and disqualify a leading presidential candidate and singing Ho Hum while literally walking to the ballot box to elect a man with dementia.

If this wasn't reality, it would otherwise be deemed as an amateur two thumbs down cult classic.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

ad hominem

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

bizzare world we live in...where a guy who pretends he's not shilling for one side defends a court opinion today that allows any president to act with impunity in any way he or she sees fit while also pretending to be above it all. If you're concerned about Russia and N. Korea becoming your reality, you'd be very concerned with the opinion that got handed down today. But you're not...it's the hyperbole of a "what if" that bothers you, despite the fact that the Supreme Court just literally handed that what if up on a platter today without regard to whoever holds office....

5. MadMax

facts are so confounding, right?

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You should really read the decision. You clearly dont understand it. It should also excite you that all your fears about this decision are unfounded as you dont understand it. You should be happy.

7. MadMax

I've read the opinion and I've read the dissents. I'm sorry it's beyond your grasp. I had to hit the read ignored **** to even see your response. Your concern is appreciated, but I've ignored like 4 people here ever, and you're one of them...so I'll take my own counsel on this opinion, thanks. 3 years of law school and 20 plus years of practicing is enough for me.

Xopher likes this.
  8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. NewRoxFan

Yea... we criticize those countries in part because their leadership is beyond the law. And now this maga supreme court just added donald trump as someone above the law.

But sure... one of the two candidates is old. The other is a convicted felon that committed rape... oh, I mean was adjudicated for sexual assault. I support the old guy, you support the criminal.

10. NewRoxFan

Good to see basso has a firm grasp as the very seriousness that the maga supreme court just delayed many months to announce...

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

Salvy likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Probably due for another editorial in a right wing newspapers complaining about how the maga supreme court isn't partisan...

13. Space Ghost

I don't have a problem with anyone age. I have a problem electing someone with dementia.

14. NewRoxFan

You obviously don't have an issue with convicted felons and , well, lets call it for what it is, rapists.

15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

given the seriousness of the issue, which you recognize, I'd think you'd be appreciative of the court taking its time, to make sure it got it right.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

judging by the volume of posts nerf has apparently fully recovered from whatever it was that ailed him

basso likes this.
  17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

My family immigrated to this country because it was far better than where we were. I never thought that I or my children might someday immigrate to another country for the same reason.

MadMax likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

They have had this decision made for months as well, but cowardice on their part delayed this decision. And obviously, with whatever time they spent, they got it wrong. But hey, they protected trump and kept maga happy... so I guess its all good.

19. Space Ghost

The difference between you and I - I have denounced Trump plenty of times and stated he is unfit to be the leader if this country. You have never denounced your party's decision to run a man with dementia. All you care about is your team winning. You add zero value to anything

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not a black or immigrant felon or rapist so it doesn't count. White felons aren't a big deal as Presidents.