1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USMNT WC Qualifying

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DaDakota, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Aware

Aware Member

Qualifier and the gold cup/summer tournaments are different beasts

When was the last time the gold cup was held anywhere else but in the states? these are totally different teams at home and not exposing players to these type of conditions hurts the u.s. massively. I think the u.s would improve a lot if they were to get concacaf to host some tournaments outside of the states every once in a while.

2. Aware

Aware Member

I've been telling you guys dont sleep on these teams at home. beating them in neutral sites or at home is not a problem but on the road they play way above their heads.. and this is especially true when it means beating mexico or the u.s.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

THANK F***ING G-D! The halftime subs to the rescue minutes in to the half.

@Aware...I'm fully aware (lulz) about the differences. My problem is that good teams rise to the occasion and let their talent shine through. They don't cower when it matters most like this team has done over the last week. There's no excuse for not beating El Salvador. Doesn't matter where it is. There's no excuse for not beating Canada at home...or in Canada for that matter. Yes, they're a vastly improved team but they're still mostly reliant on domestic/MLS based players. They shouldn't be bumfuzzled by a wet field or one that's more narrow. It's been poor playing and poor coaching.

Aware likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the lead. dont lose it.

5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Nice sub there by Berhalter putting in Yedlin. Got the assist.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Aware

Aware Member

Nice goal from former mexican national team youth player ricardo pepi lol
    He's good.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Gotta hold the lead!!! These 3 points coming our way instead of Honduras is such a massive swing finishing this 3 game set

DreamShook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uh oh they ballin now.. uh oh!

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Really capitalized on these 2nd half chances!!! Yes!!!!

10. leroy

Phew.

Glad Pepi decided to join the game. Great goal and a good assist after not doing anything for the first 74 minutes. Very nice finish by Aaronson on a difficult ball.

I still say anything less than 7 points in this group of games is disappointing...but after the first 2 games + 50 min of just bad football, I'll take this.

These are the things we should be doing to just about all of CONCACAF, save Mexico.

11. Aware

Aware Member

Me seeing Pepi thriving for the USMNT and not Mexico

[​IMG]

He's the first guy i can say i'm upset about losing. Absolutely disgusting that they lost him simply because a youth coach did not want to take him to the under 17 world cup.

5 out 9 points and already got 2 road games out of the way. Turned out to be an ok international break for the u.s.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

44444444444-111111111111 good guys!

13. astros123

astros123 Member

LB- Robinson CB- miles Robinson CB- brooks RB Dest CM weston CM Adam's RW AARONSON CAM- Reyna LW- Pulsic Striker - PEPE

We have the ability to beat any team

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My son played against him several times here in Texas he is good.

DD

Aware likes this.
  15. leroy

A good solid all-around win vs Jamaica. I liked the lineup (with the exception of playing Arriola over Weah). They were on the front foot all night, looking to attack attack attack. There’s some real talent in this system and I can only hope Berhalter doesn’t f*** things up by overthinking things.

Ricardo Pepi is the real deal and he needs to get the hell out of the MLS and go learn with a big club in Europe. I’m certain the offers are going to come in January. He is the finisher the US has never really had. Can’t wait to see him get time with Pulisic and Reyna. Yunus Musah was great tonight, as was Aaronson. They were pushing the ball and making things happen. I really like the progress Antonee Robinson has made since moving to Fulham. The defense was solid all night. Turner wasn’t really tested much at all.

With mexico choking at home to Canada, we’ve managed to get to the top of the group. Something that seemed highly unlikely after the first 2 games. 4 more points in these next 2 games would be nice but I think 6 is the goal and would have us firmly in the drivers seat.

16. Aware

Aware Member

Canada is lowkey good tbh
    They have just enough talent mixed in with the best field player in all of concacaf in Davies.

At worst, Canada seems like a lock for the playoff spot.

Mexico is being hunted by what seems a very apathetic manager in Martino at the moment.
    He's essentially blacklisted our best LB in Gerardo Arteaga because he declined the olympics. He also seems to have zero interest in giving any younger player a shot. Mexico should still qualify on the back of their attacking players but i can see a massive slip up against a desperate Honduras.

17. DaDakota

Pepi is the striker the USA has been looking for - for a long long time.......

A guy that moves well off the ball and in the box as a target finisher.

Add in Reyna and Pulisic and we might just might be looking at our Golden Generation.

The young bucks are top of the table in Concacaf.......lol let's see if that holds tomorrow at Panama.

DD

#57 DaDakota, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  18. DaDakota

First loss ever to Panama in WCQ - just terrible....

Zardes is horrible......Acosta does not belong on the pitch at this level, he is too stagnant.

Play to win - this was playing for a draw, and then Zardes with an own goal.

Ridiculous lack of effort.

DD

noscrusir likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

beautiful goal from Dest

20. Aware

Aware Member

I dont really rate dest all that high but that was a great goal to make up for keeping costa rica onside on their goal

Team looking pretty good so far.. outside of trying to play out of the back 100% of the time all the time
    Sometimes you gotta clear that ****