1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USMNT(Soccer) vs Canada in Houston

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ferrari77, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea what an ugly ugly game. I felt bad not spending the money for it but I couldn't justify paying premium prices for a bunch of backups. After watching it I feel bad for those who spent the cash.

The Honduras game can't come soon enough.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I expect better than the crap on the field last night. They had 3 weeks of camp and Canadia had 6 days. This was to be a group that was supposed to go out and do everything possible to impress Jurgen and most were anything but impressive.

We don't have the depth. I know that. All US fans know that. We don't need to be reminded of it constantly by t-shirt fans who think that their fandom of a team thousands of miles away gives them some sort of credibility. Doesn't mean we can't be pissed that our C team doesn't play scared against a team they should have beaten.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ :grin: Here you are discussing it with him, when you told him you value his opinion less than mine?

So... he was right, then, THE GAME is beautiful, it was just that the U.S.A. C team just sucked BIG TIME last night against an inferior "Canadia"? :confused:

This was definitely NOT the same team that played its heart out at Azteca in August. But you knew that before the game even started.

4. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

So Swoly, how do you feel about Mexico's (B?, C?) squad looking like ass and needing a bull**** penalty call just to tie Denmark?

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yes Jozy is still on the team. You'll see him in the squad(s) for the Hex matches starting next weekn in Hon.

Gonzalez has looked the part since he came into the league and after waiting damn near too long for Klinsy to call him up, he's looked the part in his few Intn'l matches. One or both of Boca-Onyewu won't be in Brazil next year and Omar Gonzalez will be starting. I'm a big Gonzalez fan.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Agreed.

Klinsy's first mistake was playing Evans and Beckerman together in midfield and then giving us the BS that Evans would play in front of Beckerman as the AM. Evans from what i've seen of him with the Sounders is not exactly an attacking midfielder in the sense of the word nor is he particularly creative. Him and Beckerman together give a team little going forward imo.

Davis hasn't been international quality since he stepped off the Azteca pitch with the US U-23s in 2004. Decent-good MLS player, not International quality.

I won't even bother with EJ or with Agudelo. Not even worth my time typing what I think of them on the pitch.(At least EJ showed he could provide good play in MLS this past season).

Gatt for sure is one to watch. Along with Joe Gyau, they provide some speed on the flanks if they get the opportunity.

I like Wondo and feel he hasn't had enough time to show his ability, especially with creative players in midfield but time is running out for him to prove he's not just another Taylor Twellman.

Zusi and Gonzalez for sure have to be called up to the squad for next week's match. Somehow I get the feeling Beckerman will get a call up as well because Klinsi has his players and he loves his players regardless.(Kinda like most coaches/managers do tbh).

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^

I wonder what Wondo could do with Dempsey and Bradley on the field? If we had a midfield that commanded attention and he was free to move and just be a finisher, I think he could flourish. He's a pure goal scorer. He's not going to take the ball from midfield and he's not likely to score from 25 yards. But when he's got opportuniites in the box, he puts them away. 60+ goals in the last 3 seasons. Dude can finish.

8. SwoLy-D

It was the B team. We were missing I believe four Euro players and a few locals. Meh, we played so so and were able to handle Denmark most of the time without finishing, but it was a lot better than tying to 0 against a team that Denmark ripped apart the previous week. You know? :cool:

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

i liked the way herrera, aquino, and fabian played. but then again im a pachuca, cruz azul, and chivas fan.

Aguilar played horrible.

10. SwoLy-D

^ And I agree. I'm an América fan and thought Masa Rodriguez was too confident back there. I can't believe I'm saying but I think I'd rather have Márquez back sweeper/stopper. :(