1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Usman Garuba and Spain vs USA GameThread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Preach it, brother! The so-called second language classes in our high schools are a joke. The kids don't learn anything.

Language is not just how you talk. It's also how you think. The more languages you know, the wider perspective you have on reality and the more flexible your mind is. The younger you are, the easier it is to learn languages. They should start in elementary school, not high school.

ROXTXIA, Sonicbun8, RudyTBag and 9 others like this.
  2. Sengun

Sengun Member

Agree.

I lived in Italy for almost 2 years. If you go south side of Italy, you'll find that no one speaks English. The vast majority of them cannot even say their name in English. Things are a little different in the north side, but again, not many people speak English.

Regarding France, I can say that most of them do not prefer to speak English because of their nationalist feelings. They understand you when you speak English, but they prefer to answer you in French. When I asked the taxi driver why, he said because this is France, not England. Then I said, "Incroyable".

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bro, if you want to be a Garube Only Fan, you'll have to learn to speak Spanish. But I think you are already committed to Christopher. :D

hakeem94, Deckard and Williamson like this.
  4. anchel

anchel Member

:(

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yeah - I agree with you mostly. That being said - acknowledging that most teams stretch to pick guards/wings you could also make the strong case that there is less opportunity to pick up immediate star quality guards/forwards later in the draft because they fall off the board faster and the reality is the odds are Houston will probably not be picking as high as 2 next year so if you knew you were going to be bad for a few years, you prioritize the more scarce asset this year because next year the odds are we will be picking 5-8ish where there could still be elite bigs available next year. Also worth noting 7 of the top 10 prospects I see on next year's draft board are bigs or have a 7ft+ reach. If you were ever going to play the "we will grab a big next year" card - this might be it.

burlesk likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

ha - he's talking about you Dwight Howard!

peleincubus likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I also confirmed plenty in my day. Reminiscing about Barcelona always makes me smile.

But there are gorgeous women all over the world, I can attest to that as well.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

she probably couldnt speak 3 languages i bet her vocabulary was limited to names of the iceacreames or whatever cookies she was selling :D

9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I recently moved to Luxembourg. Everyone - I mean everyone from the taxi driver to the grocery clerk - speaks at least three languages fluently. English is the least common denominator language people default to when they realize your blank stare when they start in French or German means you are an American (or a Brit, to be fair - normally they only have a smattering of French). It’s very humbling.

Also, Garuda is an incredible pick to pair with Green and KPJ. If Green can cover for Steph for years, Garuba can cover for our sieve-like guards

D-rock and Little Bit like this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

During the Spanish civil war?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I swear I wish I knew all 2500 of them

D-rock likes this.
  14. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

I won't nit pick, he's not drafted for his Steph Curry shooting form, straight defense and boards and his offense will be icing as he develops.

coachbadlee and RudyTBag like this.
  15. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Hot damn, THIS is why we drafted him, not his shooting form lol offense will be icing on the cake later on. Fills IMMEDIATE desperate need.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Let's act our age, not shoe size.

Fullcourt and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. ROXTXIA