1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Useless surveys] Car dealership service visits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Oct 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sajan

Sajan Member

I hate taking my car in..even for an oil change..

The dreaded phone call survey asking how it went. At least have some details about why I went there. :p

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I do answer if they've done a good job, and I also answer if they've done a bad job.

I've gotten gift cards in the mail from those. :eek:

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Out of all the things to complain about you choose this?

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What I don't like about these is that the service manager tells me that if they don't get an 'exceeds expectations' they get dinged. I tell him (and I have told his superiors as well), that if I bring my car in for an oil change, they tell me it will be 30 minutes, 30 minutes later my car is ready, then they have met my expectations.

It is exceptionally difficult for me to rate any service as exceeding expectations when they simply perform the requested task. Those service guys absolutely hate those surveys (at least the ones I've dealt with).

The only time any service has exceeded my expectations was when we were in Montana last year and the brakes on my son's van were smoking and appeared to be shot. We essentially gave the repair shop carte blanche to replace the pads, turn the rotors, etc. We went to eat lunch. We went back to get the van and the repair guy said the pads were in good shape and all they did was turn the rotors and charged us $30.00. I gave them $20.00 extra for some beer and pizza and a good review on yelp.

5. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I get a loaner every time I take my car in for service. This includes oil change, regular maintenance, and even state inspection stickers. The longer they take the better for me. They don't usually give loaners for general maintenance, but I'm really cool with my old service advisor who is now the manager. They always exceed my expectations.

Every time I take it in they always hook me up with something extra. My AC was working fine but they went ahead and replaced the entire unit for me before my warranty expired. Same with rear brakes & pads, light bulbs, gasket. You name it. My car has run like brand new and its six years old. Besides for bushings and an alignment I haven't paid a dime for anything either.

This is at momentum BMW on 59 by the way. I know tons of people who complain about their cars and service the receive there. But find a cool SA and buy him a bottle of whiskey and give him $20 Starbuck gift cards every now and then and youll be set for life!

I always fill out the surveys too. Need to show my appreciation in some form.