1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

USC vs Notre Dame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Invisible Fan, Oct 15, 2005.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

USC is not as impressive this year, they have had to come from behind in at least 3 games...

I think UT whups their ass if they play.

DD

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Penn State played better offense than Texas. ;)

3. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I heard Texas might get kicked out of the top 2 because their strength of schedule. That sucks, because Va Tech and Texas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>USC.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Va Tech is not playing anyone, they will be tested...I am not sold on them yet.

Texas has handled every team, they look like the most dominant team this year in college football.

They are hammering good programs.....not just barely beating them, but steamrolling them.

DD

5. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Yeah but if Va Tech beats Miami in a couple of weeks, that will look like more of an impressive win than our win against Ohio State. But I do agree w/ you. Texas>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any College Football Team and the Texans :) .

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Texas A&M will do to UT
    what OKLA STATE did to Oklahoma a few years back

WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPP

GO AGS!

Rocket River
    I mean . . hell the aggies have to play SOMEONE hard . . don't they ?

7. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I wouldnt call the OSU win a steamroll, but yea, Vince Young is a stud no question about it. Wouldnt be surprised if they won the title this year.

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Crazier things have happened, but there is no way in hell that we're losing to the Aggies this year. No way.

If we have a regular season loss, it will be next Saturday.

9. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

At least they admit they cheated.

10. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

I agree. However, assuming USC and Texas run the table along with Va. Tech, Florida State, Alabama or Georgia, neither USC nor Texas should play in the National Championship. USC has been unimpressive and every one of those other teams have a schedule that is much harder than what Texas has. If Alabama or Georgia go undefeated, they undoubtedly should play in the Rose Bowl. If Va. Tech or FSU go undefeated, they still have a much better argument to be in the Rose Bowl than USC or Texas.

11. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Looks like you can take FSU off that list, down my 16 late in the 3rd quarter.

12. AggieRocket

I disagree. USC beats Texas if they play in the Rose Bowl.

13. AggieRocket

Darn. First Penn State and now FSU. To quote Freddie Mercury, "another one bites the dust." :)

Although I do have to say, I do love watching intelligent kids beat a powerhouse school.

#33 AggieRocket, Oct 15, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  14. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I heard Rice was pretty good this year.

15. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I think its unfortunate that USC got rewarded for Leinart fumbling at the end of the game. That's bs.

I think ND's defense is nothing like UT's. Weiss obviously is a better offensive football mind than Brown et al, but he doesn't have the Vince Young either.

16. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Do you guys feel that USC losing Norm Chow weakened the USC offensive line considerably? USC still has a lot of players returning from last year, who were coached under Norm Chow and are very experienced, so USC still retains a great deal of offensive force. But I think after a year or two, when all the older guys leave, USC isn't going to be nearly as good as these past 3 years. I remember during last years games, USC would just crush opponents, even the top teams. This year, the top teams are giving them a lot of trouble, forcing them to come back after the half.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Question about the last 2 plays..

It was clear that the ball was fumbled out of bounds with about 7 seconds left. The Trojans also apparently got a generous spot. That being said, why was the clock going to be restarted once the officials marked the ball in play? Shouldn't the out of bounds fumble be treated the same as a player going out of bounds? In addition, the Trojans were running a play in which they were going to spike the ball to stop the clock (of course it turned out to be an attempt to fool the defense). Here is a snippet of an ESPN article:

"Bush could have said no. Carroll could have said no. The official would start the clock before the ball snapped. The safe play would have been to spike the ball, huddle up and call a play. Leinart had no interest in safe."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2192712

#37 bobrek, Oct 16, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  18. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Yeah, Right :rolleyes:

I guess it gives you guys something to look forward to in a season like this. I mean, you can only go cow-tipping so many times before it gets boring.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just focus on taking care of Baylor from year to year. they give A&M enough trouble without them having to worry about the Horns.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

WOW, this was quite possibily one of the greatest college regular season games I have ever seen. It actually lived up to the hype!

And what a day in college football yesterday? Some amazing finishes!

I think USC, Texas and Virginia Tech will all go undefeated this year and VTech will get screwed. USC and Texas for the championship will be awesome. (This coming from a fan of none of the teams mentioned above)