1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA vs. Lithuania

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by HeWhoIsLunchbox, Sep 11, 2010.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Did they just call a 3 second violation? I could've sworn that rule didn't apply to the international game. I know for a fact that it's the first time I've seen it called in this tournament, and I've watched every USA game and the majority of Argentina's games.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

3 seconds is definitely a call in fiba, but you're right that is the first time i can remember seeing it called.

and we lost our rhythm there at the end of the 3rd. lithuania had a fire lit under their offense, our D slacked off, and our offense became really stagnant. hopefully we get some rhythm back in the offense lithuania cools back off. i don't want to be holding on for dear life as the offense can't hit and we have to hope they miss in the final minute.

3. francis 4 prez

i don't know what he looks like on the clippers, but every time gordon starts dribbling i get scared. he rarely seems to make a good decision. and 2 straight horrible passes inside by team USA keep giving ltu chances. just make simple passes and penetrations, we can get easy shots any time we want. now hopefully odom makes a free throw.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Westbrook probably has the most effortless high hops in the league....even on short rebounds and quick second jumps he jumps out of the gym...

Anyone see Fallon last night? Kourtney Kardashian said Team USA had won gold...Kim K was wondering why Odom didn't mention it, and the crowd clapped for the Gold medal "win"....then she was corrected and told they had 2 games to go...

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why would anyone watch Jimmy Fallon?

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damn Durant has been killing it all game... I hope he does the same in the next game...

7. francis 4 prez

having durant on our team is a good thing. can you imagine lebron, durant, wade, kobe, and melo all on the same team in 2012?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Looking very much forward to it. Adding KD, Rose, Westbrook to the 2008 squad, changing the junior league 3-point line to a real 3-point line and dumping the trapezoidal lane should equal a Team USA beatdown in 2012.

The only thing that concerns me is how many guys from 2008 come back in 2012. I'll be surprised if the entire Heat trio makes the trip.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because we're not all moestavern19 :confused:

Francis4prez: I doubt USA will ever get them all back at once.....it seems like a lot of players are content with one gold medal.

I'd like to see Budinger become good enough to be a role player on Team USA...probably won't happen, but i think it's a great experience, especially the last few years with more much focus on practice and team unity. He could learn a lot and and gain a ton of confidence.

10. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Going to be a good day tomorrow, watch the Texans beat down the colts... than the USA game.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Someone please find D.Rose's shooting % from the field in this tournament. Haven't seen him hit a jump shot yet..

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Hmm...apparently, prior to this game he was shooting 52.3% from the field for the tournament. I'm surprised. Today he was 0/4, which brings his FG% down to 47.9%.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'm also suprised. He's been dropping bricks all day.

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Durant was making Lithuania look silly at the end, no one could stop him.

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Probably depends on how the Heat do the next two years. If they romp through the league and win two titles, I could see the Superfriends taking a victory tour through London.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that means they'll be finishing their seasons in june...i think it's more likely they use that as an excuse, cash in on allt he extra endorsements they'll get from it, and sit out Team USA play.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Go usa!!!