1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

USA vs. Lithuania

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by HeWhoIsLunchbox, Sep 11, 2010.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

On now on ESPN Classic (Comcast Ch. 109).

Our boys are doing a good job of creating turnovers so far.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What is it with Westbrook and finishing during this tournament? Unbelievable. If he had made all of his dunks, his stats would be sick.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

what is with westbrook and dunks in this tournament? that has to be at least the 5th dunk i've seen him miss so far and no one even really contested that one. i actually expected him to miss it because he's missed so many and sure enough he did.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

17pts in the 1st quarter fro Durant!

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here is one take I have at the moment:

If I'm another team, I don't want to play Team USA in a "friendly" before the real games begin.

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

The keep calling reach-in fouls on US players when it looks like they're getting all ball.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Who is the best player in the world, James, Kobe, or Durant?

8. francis 4 prez

so rose has taken a 3, westbrook took one, AI took a long jumper and billups just forced up a long 3 after he hasn't made his previous jumpers. way too many people seem to be comfortable with this lead and just trying to get some long shots they don't usually get to take in. just run the offense and penetrate and kick it out.

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

dayum these Lithuanians play hard!

10. francis 4 prez

i've been critical of odom through a lot of this tournament but he is playing excellent D today and is grabbing boards all over the place. most active he has been.

and if billups could make a damn 3 we'd be up 20+. also, every time LTU drives past someone they bring the ball down and expose it where we can strip it and the refs seem to keep calling fouls. granted, we've reached a lot without fouls (clean strips though) but LTU can't be that careless on drives and just get bailed out.

durant being his usual self. he just puts points up like crazy. also, he missed another drive, but westbrook seems to get more explosive every game. it's like watching a mini-lebron where you are just in awe 3 or 4 times a game at what you just saw athletically.

11. francis 4 prez

also, stop going to the under the basket camera on every fastbreak!! it's annoying enough when it's done 2 or 3 times during an nba game, going to it every time just makes it impossible to see what the hell is happening. if the ball bounces around at all you can't see where it is or if it's going in and if a loose ball happens you have no idea who is about to pick it up. i have no idea how one of the worst ideas of all time has survived, and even thrived, for so long. who thinks this is a good idea and who keeps asking for it and using it? it makes no sense.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kevin Durant is the truth.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They don't need perfection today, maybe not even tomorrow. I thought this game would be tougher but Team USA has Lithuania measured well.

3/26 by Team USA is the worst thing that happened to Lithuania.

f4p, Westbrook is reminding me of Wade in 2008. He is a man among boys out there. The difference is he's missing nearly everything at the rim.

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

X912387218971

Wtf is wrong with FIBA?

15. francis 4 prez

are you serious? that's also about the 3rd dunk eric gordon has missed in this tournament. how can he and westbrook not finish uncontested dunks? and gordon could have handed it to durant for a really easy dunk and we'd be up 17 now instead of giving up a 3 on the other end. awful.

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Another missed dunk by one of our undersized guards, and it leads to a three pointer at the other end.

17. mazyar

mazyar Member

:mad: They went to that camera angle again during Gordon's missed dunk.

I don't even think if that angle adds anything to the play. I dont see a point for it.

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

It's easily the worst camera angle in basketball. I remember when they first started doing it in the NBA and called it the "Slam Cam" or whatever. That's the last camera angle I want to see on a dunk.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

why does kevin love have a mohawk on one side and a low tapered fade on the other?

20. francis 4 prez

well, now it would be nice if we could have made an open dunk. we relax on defense and suddenly lithuania can't miss and now it's quickly back to 11 and lithuania ball.