1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA Today: suns plan to offer max to capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2018.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Our defense switches everything, we were doubling often when it wasn't Capela, but most of the time we didn't double to help Capela (CP3 and Tucker would free lance to pick him if he had tunnel vision but that's giving free reign to elite defenders).

Because we switch everything they were doing it on purpose, but after game 2, they became more focused on it because of how much trouble KAT was having against Capela.

There was only one game though where we decided to double him all the time, game 3 and they killed us from being wide open on 2 dozen threes, so we didn't do that again.

D-rock likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think capela played well against GS .

They are a tough tough team . I don't necessarily think we can find someone who will be better vs them .

Also , Clint will Improve . If he can add just a bit more offensive skill to his game he will be a nightmare .

Defensively he is going to keep getting better as his experience increases and he keeps getting mentored by Hakeem .

I can see us bringing everyone back and Clint being the second best player on the team .

Golden state looks unbeatable , but in our series vs them I think the cracks started showing. GS just ended up with more of the breaks .

In terms of internal improvement, Clint has the most to offer us . CP3 , Ariza , PJ etc are pretty maxed out and it's more about maintaining the level of play and improving the chemistry even more .

I think only Clint and James can really grow their game .

3. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Trade Proposal
    Suns get Sign-and-traded Capela
    Rockets get Chandler, Chriss, 1-2 future 1st Rounders

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If the Sun’s take Ayton with #1

+ Mavs predicted to take Bamba at #5

+ A couple other bigs taken in the top 5

+ Cousins and DJ being FA’s

Does Capela still command anything close to Max money?

Huricane likes this.
  5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Atlanta might not have anything better to do with their money, and Capela is a perfect rebuild piece, as he's a couple years away from his prime. It'd be nice if they picked up a Center, but alas, the Kings are letting them have Doncic, who would be a great running mate with Capela.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Hawks would prefer to eat some bad contracts for picks etc instead of maxing a guy who's not going to help them anyway since they will likely tank for the next 3 years, but i might be wrong.

kwakmeister likes this.
  7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I would agree with you, and I'm really just playing devil's advocate here I suppose. As far as imagining a scenario where Capela gets maxed, signing Capela after drafting Doncic isn't exactly implausible.

Vivi likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think there is a 0% chance that DeAndre doesn't opt in and stay with LAC (unless he's already declined his option and I somehow missed it).

kwakmeister likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

DJ is NOT a free agent. $24.2m option.

Call me when he declines that to play for the minimum.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oops...

Vivi likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

One out, now let's see the Mavs.

EDIT: Mavs got Doncic and traded the 5th pick now, Cousins or Capela, i still think they will max Cousins.

#351 Vivi, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    jch1911 likes this.
  12. bongman

bongman Member

Just a wild guess, Dallas might have gotten played. Atlanta probably knew Memphis was not going to pick Trae and that's who they really wanted. Got an extra 1st rounder :)

True Rocket likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They are gonna go after Cousins I hope.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

That’s exactly what happened, but if Doncic ends up being the truth and Young is meh then Atlanta will look stupid. Doncic and Bamba were my 2 favorite players in this draft, and I hate that Doncic is now in Dallas.

Williamson and Fullcourt like this.
  15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I think Doncic is going to be the best player from this draft. He is already polished and dominated against pro players in arguably the second best league behind the NBA. The dude has the size, iq, shooting, and court vision to really excel in today's NBA. Ayton is a physical specimen but there are already concerns about his work ethic and ability to anchor a defense. Potentially the dude can absolutely dominate the league with his physical talent but since this decade began, what team has won with a traditional big as its center piece? Post play is practically dead.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So does the Sun's drafting of the big guy at 1-1 cancel plans to go after Capela?

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Mavs gonna offer Cap the max now that they traded for Doncic.

Worst case scenario is slowly unfolding for us this off-season.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Boogie only wants to go to highest paying team .. Dallas loves to overspend. Match made in heaven .

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.