1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA Today: suns plan to offer max to capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Keep in mind that CC also plays with two great passers in harden and CP.

No knocks on CC but his numbers will fall if he goes elsewhere.

amaru and rocketman84 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Hawks? (Don't see it)
    Bulls? (Don't see it)
    Mavs? (Yes)
    Pacers? (Don't see it)
    Lakers? (Would have to miss on their big free agent targets)
    Suns? (Take Ayton #1?)
    Kings?
    Magic? (Don't see it)

BigMaloe, bumbum09, jacoby and 3 others like this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Do love CC and what he does for us but I dont see him as a max contract and I dont think any team should. How good would he be if he was without Harden feeding him

4. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Mavs may still be interested in DJ instead of CC

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where's Cuban's hand?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And everyone knows it. But he's still getting max offers. If the Rockets keep him it'll be for the maximum he can be paid. Or, don't pay it - he'll walk.

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Nah. I'm pretty sure DJ burned a bridge on that one.

Bobsputin likes this.
  8. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

They are drafting ayton, probably not going to sign capela.

9. wesbound

wesbound Member

Are we put in one of those Parson situation where other team gives him the MAX and we don't feel like we can match it and ends up letting him go?
    If they saw potential in Capela, why wouldn't front office give him a reasonable contract before he hits FAgency?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i also think he's too old for them now.

Personally i still think the Mavs will draft Bamba if he's going to be there at the 5, or they'll go after Boogie, if they throw him the max they might be able to get him since NOLA might not match a similar offer, if they plan to bring him back to begin with.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Rockets could make him an offer. But, I think Clint probably wants there to be a bidding war for his services. I would advise all young players to go for the money when they get the chance. Clint has paid his dues. He deserves to reap the reward.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Capela would be nutz to not at least see what other offers are out there before taking what the Rockets give him. The question is how much more important is money than winning and how much more are other teams willing to offer.

I do have that nagging fear that some jealous franchise(like the Mavs) will make a max offer just to screw with the Rockets. But the danger there is Morey and Tilman could call their bluff and not match the offer. Then the other team is stuck with a maxed out Capela for 4 years. Maybe he lives up to the deal. Or maybe he turns out to be another Parsons. I think the risk is too great though, so hopefully it doesn't come to that.

13. smp

smp Member

I don’t know the cap rules but I wouldn’t pay him a max contract. He did nothing to help us beat GS. If anything he was a liability with his poor FT shooting and bad matchups on switches. He also can’t shoot. Green didn’t even respect his shot at all and just sagged off into the paint the whole series.

I liked him a lot until we played GS. I see his value as much less now. Get him cheap, use him in a sign and trade, or let him walk.

14. hakeemthagreat

If Capela leaves, it'll probably be to the Suns. They are a young team and could pay Capela very nicely. Can't even be mad because he earned every penny of the money he's about to get. I still remember his 1st few games where we were all waiting for him to get his 1st points (he looked nervous af and raw lol). Now he's the prototype for the new age NBA center. Funny how times passes

amaru likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Capela would have to accept that offer. He’ll get a QO that he obviously won’t take because he’s worth more.

16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Suns would be foolish to pass on Ayton imo.

I do see teams throwing Clint a max deal, but it shouldn’t be Phoenix.

amaru likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he earned it... but harden, hakeem, and lucas are also responsible for his success. not sure he develops into the same player from how raw he was a few years ago with any other franchise

slothy420, Mazulis and banzai like this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

All I know is, with any other team, he won't get the same development as with the Rockets with The Dream mentoring him. When he gets to when he reaches his max potential here, he'll get supermax. The way he plays in this system is not banging. It's all movement. I believe he's gonna be healthier here. I hope he looks at the long-term.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This!