1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Goran Dragic tells Suns he won't re-sign after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Feb 17, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Do something, Morey!!!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lawson would be a terrific alternative and his contract situation is far more palatable, long term. We would know where we stand at the one this summer, and could concentrate on other needs. I'd be very down with Ty, but why would Denver move him? Doesn't make sense that they would, does it?

3. dmoneybangbang

It's professional basketball and Dragic certainly has paid his dues.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Indiana was T-Mac's preferred destinaton before he got traded to Houston. It was the team his people tried hard to get him to.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People here cant accept he doesnt want us.

Theres 3 things we undervalue.

Coaching
    pg
    chemistry

1 person likes this.
  7. solodolo

solodolo Member

Omer.asik 2.0 if he comes

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Honestly... what i find funny about this is his agent was dumb enough to create this list without at least ONE team on the list with a real asset to at least have as leverage. You really risk them laughing at it, and saying screw your trade demands. You can just sit the bench the rest of the season and tell you teamates on Thursday straight to their faces how you feel as well.... have fun Gogi.

If Phoenix is smart, they will probably go right back to Duffy and say... sorry, we aren't interested in ANY of these trade packages and will keep Goran till the end of the season, or trade him as a rental to a contender.

If I was Phoenix's GM I would pay very little attention to this list of demands, and still make calls to all the teams in the league. I might even trade him to Houston for the Knicks 2nd rounder just in spite. That's also as good as any asset he's going to get from LA or New York (Rockets late 1st rounder is the best asset Lakers own). The Rockets would gladly take a Goran rental for a 2nd rounder.

I think it would send a strong message around the league that they are a front office that doesn't F around, and they wouldn't be hurting themselves from an asset standpoint. The Knicks, Lakers, and Heat assets are trash. You can't make this type of demand and get away with it.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

FIFY.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

True, but the Knicks have been willing to spend money like lunatics for years and all it's gotten them is up against the cap and a bunch of overpriced clowns. If he's going for the Phil Jackson "mystique", then so be it, but Phil hasn't proven anything without top-5 talent on his team and it's debatable if he has that now, and Dragic sure isn't one of those guys. In the West, the Lakers are going to need a lot more than Dragic and a broken/breaking down Kobe to do any damage in the playoffs (assuming they even make it there with as loaded as this conference is).

11. dc rock

dc rock Member

We wait all these months and he does us like this?

:(

[​IMG]

12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'd go for a max contract if I were him too. This will be the last big contract he signs. This is the pay day that's going to secure his future.

1 person likes this.
  13. hooroo

hooroo Member

DocRocket's posts are emotive but also conflict with the news from amick & Woj.

I believe he knows people but he hasn't broken anything since "He's coMING".

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

No it doesn't because with their formula for team building he can be retained and would fit in well with the next batch of players they acquire and new coaches. I don't see any reason they would trade him now unless he's a locker room cancer, or nets them a better player to build around.... which they aren't getting with a Lawson trade.

15. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

If you were Dragic, would you want to come here?

16. Aleron

Aleron Member

"I'm leaving, trade me, don't trade me, I'm going where I want to after this season"

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Thunder is not amongst the teams trying to acquire Goran Dragic, a source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/567902293498048512">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of the 3 things you said we don't value, the only one I think you have a reasonable case with is chemistry. Is there a team in the league that has had more turnover than the Rockets the last few years? I can see him pissed off with Morey because Daryl moved him over a player option, in a way setting up yet another move for Dragic, which has to be a pain to go through. Yeah, it's "part of being in the league," but it had to be a slap in the face for Goran, who liked being in Houston and thought he would be there for a long time, only to be throw back to the desert from whence he came. So yeah, he may not want to return, but not for the reasons you mentioned, in my opinion. Excepting possibly chemistry.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Except that has nothing to do with Goran's decision.

-Coaching (Byron Scott, or Derrick Fisher???)

-PG (Goran isn't really a PG. He's a scoring guard who needs the ball in his hands)

-Chemistry (hows the chemistry with Kobe nowadays? How about with Melo? Roster turnover???... how many players next year are the Knicks and Lakers bringing back?)

Sorry dude but you are just sounding like a mopey woe is me CF who doesn't know how to handle not being the popular team in the league and just wants to bash the easy targets.

Goran, and his agent are obvious focused on two things-

-Money
    -Stardom/stats

That's pretty much it. I guess I can't blame him, but I hope he's ready to be one of the most scrutinized players in the league in a year or two when their team in LA or New York is underperforming and all anyone can talk about in the media is how the Lakers or the Knicks are screwed with the Dragic contract.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why do y'all want Dragic anyway? I don't think he is that good. He is obviously all about money. Get it over him