1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Dwight Howard, Rockets, aim to make team title contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 17, 2014.

1. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

melo actually has led a team to the playoffs. wtf has love done?

not saying love is below melo, but they are closer than what seems to have been posted.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

We got us one wacked team...............Rockets !

3. jscmedia

Trade james for melo ? hell no..even in your fantasy land.....................

4. jscmedia

b.s. Lamb has little moments...that is all. hes still Kevin martin mini-me.

harden wasn't expected to play defense in OK...really it's just year 2 growth on this for James.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Agree 100%. With Rose probably sitting in his room doing his anti-social thing, having the full contingent of Rockets friends and family putting the full court press on Melo could be the deciding factor between the Rockets and the Bulls.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yesterday

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/06/...houston-also-a-favorite-to-sign-lebron-james/

More Amick:

Dwight would love to have LeBron. I can't speak for him. He talked more about 'Melo than he did LeBron. He also talked about the pain & feeling for LeBron losing in the Finals. Either option would be fine. I was surprised to hear that he wasn't looking to recruit. That may be a ploy, that he doesn't want to discuss publicly. I have been told the Rockets players are more than open to recruiting LeBron, 'Melo and all those guys. I was told today Patrick Beverley was trying to make a few calls and reach out to these guys. It comes down to where LeBron's head is at. Is he interested in playing with Carmelo or Chris Paul? He's kept things close to the vest.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Amick and Woj are the only two guys worth listening to when it comes to free agency buzz. Everybody else just throws random crap against the wall to see what sticks, and they're only there to push the agendas of the teams/networks they w**** themselves out to.

8. izeroi

izeroi Member

I really hope Howard and Harden make some sort of effort to recruit. I'm sure certain players may feel that recruiting isn't their "style" but for the guy getting recruited I bet it's nice to know you're wanted on a team by other superstars instead of just having management coming at you with a sales pitch.