1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA Today: Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by just_lurking, Dec 21, 2009.

1. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

dude stfu

2. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Most young cats don't even watch tv anymore, much less read books, with the internet now. The days where you have to crack a book open for information are gone. Now you just google what you are looking for from your pocket pc. I know I dont go to the restroom without my phone, and its not for conversations....

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

People just have different personality's. I'm always reading more than one book at a time but the last time I read a fiction book was over thirty years ago. I'm like a starving person if I don't have something to read or learn new thats just the way my brain works.

But I know plenty of people that hardly ever read and they are fine and doing well, just different.

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Case in point. Congratulations, you win.

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Young people still read books...except it's mostly girls...who read crap like Twilight...

As for myself...I don't really read...for class yes...for my own entertainment no...doesn't mean I don't a good story...

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People depressed because Brooks doesn't read books? Seriously?

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

don't let em beat you down...you were right (Im a big believer that reading does a mind good)

Now that I have said that, yall really gotta get back ontopic(Aaron Brooks the basketball player and not "the last book I read" or " do you read or not") or Im moving this one to the Hangout.

8. Ketchup&Mustard

Wow, that's sad

9. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Really? Maybe you should get some professional help...

10. Voice of Reason

Google will give you facts not knowledge. There is a difference.

Books are for schnooks.
    Reading is bad for the eyes.
    Tony Hawk

11. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

No matter how much money you have you still sleep in a bed like a normal person, eat, use a toilet, cheer for your favorite team, have fun, HATE the Mavs, Jazz, Lakers, Spurs!!

12. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

and the death knell for education tolls...

13. albuster

albuster Member

We could find time to read and post on this blog but we don't have time to read books? Where is our country headed to? The revelations here are scary for a society supposedly as advanced as we are. Heaven help us.

14. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I don't see how some of you can argue with this guy. Since when has it been a symbol of pride to be illiterate?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

that was my favorite answer... just goes to show he's wise with his money and modest in the heart... and stomach... of course he likes a good steak, don't get him wrong!

16. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

There is however no single agreed definition of knowledge presently, nor any prospect of one, and there remain numerous competing theories. However, the term knowledge is mostly used to mean the confident understanding of a subject with the ability to use it for a specific purpose if appropriate.

With that said, you take the facts you aquire from google, use it to increase your understanding and you have gained knowledge...

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Somebody please give Aaron Books a book to read. That's turrible, just turrible.

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Bowling a 205, not bad...

19. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

probably p*rn and unprotected sex

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ray Bradbury called this over 50 years ago.