1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US World Cup Roster Annouced Today

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketFan007, May 2, 2006.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Internet rumors circulating say that there will be two surprises on the roster, one of which is likely Pat Noonan. Less than an hour...

2. RocketFan007

I disagree, Twellman is more than adequete in the air, and offers alot more than Ching (better passing and movement without the ball).

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Mira, mi nombre no es Che, Ok ;) . You know almost every team in Group D would love to get their chance to play the US and try and beat them.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Cual es la diferencia entre una vaca y un argentino?
    La vaca DA LECHE. El Argentino dice: "dAle, chE!"

I don't care if you're black, purple, white, green, whatever... you should be able to beat EVERYONE if you truly deserve it and want it. :D I thought your whining was done over the group seedings...

5. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

Does it matter who the US puts on their WC roster?

They're in a real tough group and I'm sure they'll get elminated in group play

They'll be lucky if they can tie Ghana

6. RocketFan007

Just like there was no possible way we could even play on the same pitch as Portugal in 2002...

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I fixed your post for you.

8. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

Who's "we?" Were you selected to play for the US national team?

The Portuguese national team is notorious for fielding teams with lots of talent and then choking, which is what they did against the US and S. Korea in 2002

Nothing personal, but as I said, the US will be lucky if they get 1 point, because they're in the group of death

9. RocketFan007

And the Italians have been great in the last few years, right?

Like to place a bet?

10. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

1st question: If Italy gets Francesco Totti back at a 100%, they'll do well

2nd question: Sure

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I wasn't whining about the seedings. I was talking about how Portugal would like to avenge the butt whipping the US gave them. Mexico too, but of course they just plain hate us to begin with. And if Mexico had any competition in the beat the crap out of the USA stakes it would definitely come from Iran. And you know Angola is still pissed about how they were treated by the Dream Team in Barcelona.

I'm not at all worried or dissappointed about the draw the US got. In fact I believe that the US will NOT lose to the Czech Republic. That game is really the key. All the pressure is on Italy and the Czechs in the 1st game.

12. RocketFan007

Ugh, am I going to have to watch the entire hour of Sportscenter?

13. RocketFan007

Even if he plays, once Mastroeni tackles him a few times, he'll throw a fit, spit at him and get a straight red. :D

How much? If the US gets more than one point, you pay the tip jar. If they get less, I do.

14. surrender

surrender Member

Ching made it, woohoo

15. RocketFan007

Ching made the team.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That's awesome, we'll miss him in Houston but making the World Cup squad is one of the greatest acheivements for a soccer player. I'm very happy for him.

17. RocketFan007

Ching, Olsen and Conrad grabbed the last three spots. I personally think that Twellman deserved it more than Ching, he's a better all around player and has looked better for the National Team lately, but I guess Ching's hot streak in MLS gave him the nod. Conrad is an absolute shock to me.

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Of all the things, I can't believe the Mirage has the U.S. at 8 to 1 to win it all. I know some of the people who work there and they are real chincy when it comes to taking bets but this is downright cheap. Actually in 2002 there was heavy betting on the US but that was mostly due to the opening odds at around a 100 to 1 and it kept dropping.
    The US team is going to be depending on Pope and Ogenyewu alot because this is one of the most attack minded teams that Arena could have asembled. Mastroeni is one of the few midfielders who is a consistently good defender.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

What the hell's wrong with saying "we" If we are a part of this country and it is our country that is playing in the World Cup, then that is America's team, and we is perfectly fine to say.

20. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

Well as you can see I'm a 'rookie'....so how about a sig bet? i'll let you decide the conditions

although, i might be open to a tipjar bet a little later

let's stay in touch