1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Troops Capture Camouflaged Chemical Plant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sinohero, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The prudent thing to do would be to wait for somebody in the administration to report on WMD. That way, we don't all have to get worked up over questionable reports when we can hear it from the horse's mouth.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

<a HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/23/international/worldspecial/23CHEM.html">Allies Took Iraqi Posts Early to Prevent Use of Chemical Arms</a>

3. Heretic

Heretic Member

Bush prefers dealing with children because they're on an even field with his reading level.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I've had various news agencies on all day, and I still haven't seen this reported anywhere...The only related thing I've seen was that Central Command said that Chemical Weapons probably wouldn't be found for a few days. The last time I asked this I was accused of being biased, but has anyone seen any evidence/confirmation that this report is true?

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

ABC television just mentioned the plant moments ago.

Everything still seems fluid on this plant, so give it some more time to solidify on whatever is the truth.

6. Possum

Possum Member

Fukit your not worth my time! :mad:

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thanks Mango, I knew I wasn't hearing things. It's saying that the Coalition Forces have found that chemical factory I heard them mention earlier today.

8. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Dissent is a hallmark of American democracy. If you don't like it you can leave the country... :)

9. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Foxnews.com

A senior pentagon official confirms has told Fox News on Sunday that coalition forces have discovered a "huge" chemical weapons factory near the Iraqi city of An Najaf, which is situated some 225 miles South of Baghdad.

Coalition troops are also said to be holding the general in charge of the facility.

Fox News' Bret Baier and Ian McCaleb contributed to this report

10. RocksMillenium

Now they're reporting that the Coalition have said they have found what they are calling a huge Chemical Weapons factory
    in Al-Najaf.

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

THanks RM

12. X-PAC

Reuters has picked it up as well.

Reuters.com

'Huge' Iraqi Chemical Weapons Cache Found -Fox News
    Sun March 23, 2003 07:45 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. forces have found a huge cache of what they believe to be chemical weapons about 100 miles south of Baghdad, Fox News reported on Sunday.
    The report, which cited unidentified Pentagon officials, said the chemicals and what was believed to be a chemical weapons factory were discovered by advancing U.S. forces.

No immediate confirmation of the report was available.

13. X-PAC

I don't care for posting more than once a thread but I'm trying to find credible news outlets to confirm the story.

ABCNews.com

14. RocksMillenium

NP. They took awhile to completely confirm it, but now they have the general in charge, as X-PAC's links say, and this should be interesting!

15. Woofer

I'll believe it when someone other than the U.S. government authenticates it. After the crap Colin Powell pulled out of his ass at the UN security council meeting as evidence, it's hard to trust anyone nowadays.

FWIW, our government claimed an incredibly 100% success rate for Patriot missiles in Gulf War I. Years later it took a congressional study to reveal an actual 4% success rate. Propaganda even comes from the side you're on, no matter what.

16. X-PAC

If this story can be confirmed by the Whitehouse its amusing our forces found the facility within days to Blix's months.

17. X-PAC

Well they weren't exactly baking cookies in the plant. Thats a given.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're another one that needs to be shipped off to Iraq. If our country is so deceptive, then please leave.

On a note about the patriot missle; If you know how the patriot missle system works, then yes, 100% and 4% could be both correct numbers. No, the patriot system is not 100%, as falsely stated (as a few Scuds did get past it). Not every patriot missle will hit the target, but if the target is brought down, is that not 100%?

19. Woofer

I'm glad you are so supportive of dissent. You also don't understand what a democracy is, either. I'm am so sorry you swallow everything people in authority tell you. You should be shipped back in time to a place that has a school system that teaches you to think for yourself or some fascist state where you would be at home. You'd be an ideal tool for the propaganda machine of any state.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that anybody ever claimed that Blix's approach would have been faster. I think the anti-war camps were more concerned that perhaps that the possible benifit of such speed would have not been worth the potential costs in the form of instability caused by a military action.

(Or, perhaps, in the French & Russian case, they were woried that everybody would find out they'd sold restricted weapons to the Iraqis)