1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upgrade a rookie

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'd like to side-jack this thread to put forward The_YoYo for a custom title. He's probably the biggest Rockets fan I've ever met, he comes to Clutchfans group events all the way from L.A., always has something nice to say (post), his posts are articulate, he knows basketball and has been a member of the BBS for six years. If anyone deserves a custom title, it's him.

I'll also keep an eye out for good, contributing rookies from here on out.

5-star thread. :)

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

How about Pongd? He doesn't post much as far as analysis goes from what I can tell (maybe he's been staying away from the board lately, can you blame him?), but he makes some hellacious highlights videos. It'd be nice if he could start threads, IMO.

Point noted about the report post thing.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

god I hope you are joking

just in case you (or someone else) thinks demotions can be protected by donations.

think again

I could donate 500 dollars, but if I go over the line, Ill guarantee you my butt would be banned.

donations are just to help the site stay running, no one is forcing you (the generic you, not necessarily you the poster Im responding to) to donate, but know that those that do get better priviledges cause they have at least tried to help the site with its constant monetary needs.

you break a rule, make insipid or senseless posts, make redundant threads, dont add anything but personal attacks with zero attempts to actually discuss the subject at hand....those willl get you demoted back to rookie...dont matter how much you have donated.

and btw...my 02 on the link posting guy...

please...finding links that are generally available and posting them is not so unique that it should be a reason to upgrade someone.

contributing in user titles refers soley to monetary donations.

hell, if providing links is a upgradable action.... :rolleyes:

4. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

At least get his title to be "the MMS guy." It's kinda hard to argue with u on this point because u contribute so much to this site with your videos, but i personally think your title should be changed to also, to say like "the video guy"(i know its corny). And again just like you dont have to post all those game videos, he doesnt have to post all those game links either. Ya'll are both doing a lot of us considerable good and saving us time, which I think should be rewarded.

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

i wasn't trying to protect myself from getting banned.
    i genuinely felt that donating to the site was a gesture of good will for someone who works his ass off to 1. create 2. fight for 3. maintain this site.
    however, after someone donates hard earned money, they atleast deserve a thank you. moreover, the fact is after i donated, not only was i not given contributing status (money is a contribution?), but was demoted to a rookie- for doing nothing at all like outlined in your diatribe. if someone could make an explanation of what i did or what i need to do- let me know.

6. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

Clutch;
    I just wanted to make a case for my own self. i think i have provided some insightful feedback on the website. i have laid criticism when need be and have also heaped praised where need and most of my criticisms were constructive criticisms. Please, can i get upgraded

7. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

E-mail clutch privately and dont do it publicly. He usually doesnt respond to public outcry.

8. ind0fo0

emailed him 3 times to no avail. i dont even know if he received the money :confused:

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

downgrade a member managerrobert

10. matty101

matty101 Member

Clutch,

I dont think you created this thread for rookies to come in here and ask for their status to be upgraded but i dont know where else to do it.

Sometime in the last 2-3 days i was downgraded to a rookie. Im not sure why seeing as though i hadnt posted anything in about a week other than in the Fantasy Forum and in the Hangout about the Jazz.

None of my posts warranted a demotion and so i was just wondering why i actually did get demoted.

Thanks.

11. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

Clutch is there any way we could add an ignore feature to rookies? I know I used to a silly child posting on the boards, but some reasonable discussions are hard to follow with all of this nonsense. So basically in the same way you can ignore/unignore ppl who annoy you, is there any way we can ignore rookies in general?

12. ind0fo0

thanks jerin- that's what i get for giving you free rox tickets ;)

13. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

not you specifically pal, you know exactly what im talking about when you see the crap on the board sometimes

14. ind0fo0

i got ya. ;)

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

ATTENTION the guys who are wondering why they have been demoted to rookie status.

likely you have been subjected to the infamous QPC. Quality Post Counter.

too many one liner posts? this will hurt you everytime.

i found out personally.

16. ind0fo0

thanks for that

tidbit of information.

i will take that into

consideration from now on. :p

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

jasona88

He knows that Vernon was a great defender back in the day. Such knowledge of the heroes of the past should be rewarded!

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Here's one: eMat

Good, concise posts. Also has good grammar and spelling. And a low LOL! count.

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

please drop jmftexas to rookie so we don't have to deal with threads he starts in the Houston Sports forum..

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

seconded