1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Considering the (lack of) hits that site gets right now, I don't think they would even notice if someone boycotted.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

jeff, i think your post sums it up perfectly. i suggest we use it as a petition. i'll eagerly sign as i imagine will everyone else.

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Ok then...

BOYCOTT rockets.com

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

This is stupid! Maybe if rockets.com would update their damn page once in awhile they could probrably attract some attention.. And they have far more advantages than Clutchfans to bring in some competitions of their own. They are the official site of the Houston Rockets for christ sakes. They have millions of fans in china and all around the world and they wouldn't make the best of their time and effort to try to lure the people in with up-to-date info, but the best they could do was to add some gay sh*t... ALL Advertisement.. ALL money .. thats what's it all about. The only ideas rockets.com can come up with is Special Features and Player Profiles (an idea that probrably started by Clutch's Player Profile). Just because they can shut out Clutch's access to training camp doesn't mean everyone here will switch over to rockets.com for coverage.. why? because their site still isn't up to date! visit rockets.com right now... they still got the same crap they have a month or 2 ago. They need to prepare themselves for media day and training camp.. the things that actually goes on right now and post that sh*t up. And I bet the person who is running the site isn't a Rockets fan either. RUCK FOCKETS.COM

:D im done ranting

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Maybe true. But management generally notices when some boneheaded decision has the entirely opposite effect of what was desired.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, you'd be surprised how much traffic they get.

7. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I think they are just jealous that we get more attention then their site does.....lol

Frankly I haven't gone to the Rockets site in quite some time and really don't find much valuable content there. The only think I get from there is the schedule that I print out at the beginning of the season. There is no chat room, no forum, heck most of the time the articles are not even updated.

Sorry to hear they are blackballing you Clutch. Your site rocks and we should conduct the boycott. Give us some direction as to what you would be comfortable in doing as we don't want to make matters worse.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Boo-urns to the Rockets!

I mean considering the ClutchFans "SaveOurRockets" campaign, this blackout is a complete slap in the face. And the fact that other piss-ant sites will have access? Make that another slap.

Really poor taste Rockets Organization and Rockets.com! :mad:

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That would be so hilarious.

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I wonder if it's the Rockets that have a problem with ClutchFans having access or if it's the Chronicle, Fox Sports, Sports Radio 610 and Sports Animal 790.

Chance can you comment on this situation? Does Sports Radio 610 have a problem with ClutchFans having access to media day and training camp?

Maybe they are who we should be emailing and asking if they have a problem. (the Chronicle, Fox Sports, Sports Radio 610 and Sports Animal 790)

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

BOOO! Because of this, I am BOYCOTTING the rockets website. I'm not going to visit that site once this entire season. I'll get all my info from here.

This really sucks. Can't believe the rockets are doing this, considering they still et in other media.

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I bet Matt J could have fun with this ... great call in topic ... and if he does, we should all call in and let them know how we feel.

We feel like a community here. You attack one you attack us all.

Probably the stupidest move I've seen yet by the Rockets. Whoever made this absurd decision has no idea who is on this site, nor understand the ramifications.

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I doubt that it's 610 sports radio.. because I NEVER listen to sports radio but since most of the links here are reported from 610 or whichever radio station.. I would actually listen in when I have the time. So this is a plus for them.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Every member needs to send an email to rockets.com expressing their anger on this situation. Also stating the boycott which will be placed on them if they do not reconsider their decision.

15. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

Well i sent my official protest email in to rockets.com. I think if we could get even half of the regular members of clutchfans to email them, surely they wont be able to ignore us forever.

16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That's what I thought too but that is who ClutchFans would competing with if they were allowed to cover training camp.

17. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

:mad:

Come on Les, do the right thing and let us in!!! Do it for your hardcore fans in here! We are your only support through the tough times...show us some love in return through the good times!

18. micah1j

micah1j Member

We should go PICKET the Media Day event!

Picket Sign #1 - "Equal Access for all Media"
    Picket Sign #2 - "Rockets Ban their Fans"

get the media reporting on this. ;)

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I've said here a dozen times that Les doesn't care about fans. He does care about winning, which is great, but he doesn't care about fans apart from the money he makes off of them.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I just finished my email to the Rockets.

I included some of what Jeff said, sorry man I didn't ask to use it.

It's just horrible. Time to send 15,000 emails to them. Flood them with emails about this. This is just a travesty.