1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How's your spelling?

Kill.

:p

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely had my fun sending my letter to the Rockets managment. An e-mail coming from New York and five different friends of mine from China all sent in to complain, so much fun. Anyways Rockets.com does suck JUEVOS! The pictures they provided of media day was just horrendous. That site either needs to get more funding or the web designer just needs to put in more of an effort. 10 pictures and all cheesy ones aren't really going to drag in traffic to their site. :rolleyes: If they had only let Clutchfans in there with our amateur journalism and cellphones we probably would have had a zillion better pictures and coverage than the ones they provided on that website done with their "professionals". If Houston sports radio 610 is getting any money for talking about the Houston Rockets then they better be kissing the asses of the thousands of fans in here and the site itself. They wouldn't even have a Houston basketball team to talk about if it wasn't for this site and Clutch and Jeff. Thanks for site Clutch and Awesome to see how much power this site has. Let's go CF.NET

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

WOW.. this is great, you almost never hear of the big guy giving in for the little guy.. we truly have something special here..

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    "Victory is MINE!!"

I'm sure this the way alot of us feel...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was ridiculous in the first place, I mean come on, this is a basketball team.

No real secrets are going to be disclosed, the whole thing is entertainment and about getting more money for Les.....

What a bone headed move on their part, alienating their most hard core fans...shame on them.

DD

6. r1champ93

r1champ93 Contributing Member

WOW! Great News!

7. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

I whole heartedly agree with you Deckard...But lets say this has been a win win win situation 1st Clutch wins by getting us access... 2nd we win by getting all the Rocks news 1st hand and 3rd the Rocks win by staying true to the fans that love then so much

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Wow! Congrats Clutch!

9. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'm glad to hear the good news, I was getting a little worried and even though I don't think I coudl bare with cancelling my tickets, I was about to send them a few nasty emails from a few addresses.

For all it does the Rockets organization should be praising Clutch and this site. If anything, in the end, it helps put money in Les's pocket and doesn't cost him a dime, who wouldn't kill for that?

Thank GOD we have this site because if we were forced to rely on rockets.com most of us, including myself, would be going insane with the slow updates and mediocre information provided.

Now is probably a good time to say...Thank you Clutch for all of your hard work and time you put into not only the greatest Rockets site, the greatest NBA site, but the greatest site PERIOD!

Pugs

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I personally think it was the guy who replaced Tim in the PR department

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

oh and like some others was saying I strongly urge everyone to email in your thanks, appreciation. Let the Rockets.com people think we're grateful and not gloating. I love the Rockets, we should never have to compete with them or have them feel inferior to us in anyway (well, except the Rockets.com site *shudder*)

12. BMC

BMC Member

I'm glad it's resolved. Now I can go back to being a lurker.....
    :p

13. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

This pulled Doc out.

And sounds like the marketing dept. is on his list :eek:

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

PURE PWNAGE!!!!!

ClutchFans > Rockets.com

15. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

"the sqeaky wheel gets the oil"

16. droxford

droxford Member

[​IMG]

17. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

Already did it Hotballa...and thanks for all you did last night you were SIMPLY GREAT ....Thanks man

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Damn right now i can go on the rockets website ;)

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This is interesting and I wonder why now the change of heart...

20. Toast

Toast Member

I'm emailing in my thanks. And also you gotta give props where they're due.

Last night on the news (after MNF), channel 13's sports report actually had interviews with Rockets players.

See?!? They know we need an outlet for Rockets news. Training camp is probably the biggest story of the offseason. If nothing else, all the media outlets we contacted now realize there's a hunger & a thirst for Rockets offseason information. Too bad they'll all be in the shadow of ClutchFans!