1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

any eloquent person wanna draft a form letter? I would be glad to sign and mail

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Can someone start a petition and have members sign it? Id gladly be the first one to sign!

-Shawn

3. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Open "Bookmarks"
    Right Click "Rockets.com"
    Delete

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets making a huge mistake here.

I was just about to purchase 4 "rather good" season tickets for the upcoming year for my company ..... that has now been put on hold till this is rectified. I will be notifying my ticket representative today and let him know for this reason.

If they want to make business decisions like this, whether it is due to fear of competition or just plai stupidity, then they have to live with the consequences. I really have a hard time when a big organization abuses its power to hurt a smaller one, especially in this case when you are talking about a fan site that supports and draws interest to the team. All I can say is that they probably believed this was not that big of a deal/decision on their part with little to lose, unfortunately they made a huge miscalculation on that one.

I guess the good thing is I saved my company lots of money not buying season tickets........hopefully that is just temporarily.......well see......

Rockets need to make the next move...

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

The way they should have approached this is to request that Clutch put an advert and link to the site they want to promote in exchange for access.

I don't know about others, but I no longer search anywhere else for Rockets news. There is no need...this community finds everythings available. It would have been a perfect way to create a mutually-beneficial partnership with what is clearly the largest online Rocket community ... instead of create ill-will with it. And someone doesn't quite understand that this is not just a site for information, but a community with common interests and friendships, and even though it 'belongs' to Clutch all feel a sense of ownership here ... and will share any sense of betrayal.

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I'll sign whatever petition is proposed.

This is freaking ridiculous.......

7. Cohen

Maybe a boycott of Rockets.com would be appropriate?

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Such a great point. I remember hearing George Postolos saying on TV that SaveOurRockets.com was a critical factor in helping the Houston Rockets get their new arena. And now the Rockets turn their back on the website that was there for them during the down years from 2000 to 2003.

Frankly, this is a black eye for the Rockets organization, and that is odd considering they have always pushed the right bottons to appeal to the fans. Clutchfans is not a competitor to the Rockets, they are a supplement.

9. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I think everyone should weigh in on this, someone at the Rockets may be checking this thread for the amount of backlash....

who knows?

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I absolutely refuse to go to any other Rocket site.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

We could always change Clutchfans.net into a Spurs fan site.

12. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

No comment, only because everyone else obviously shares my feelings towards this decision. CF.net makes the normal everyday Rockets fan feel a part of the Rockets, we possibly know more than the players (like when JVG got fined in the playoffs), and this site is the primary outlet of Rockets news on the Internet. Why block your primary source of attention? Do they want us all to bow to Rockets.com now? We will not bow, we will not lower our heads. We must stand tall and fight. FREE CLUTCHFANS! FREE CLUTCHFANS!

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Very appropriate. In fact, I suggest anyone that will be sending an email to the Rockets that they make it clear that they do intend to boycott.

14. lovethisgametoo

there is always a way to lose fans, one way or the other....I see this roll out for Rockets.

So sad..........

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

we could castrate ourselves too, but i think we both know that we'd rather die before either happens.....

wow this is totally shocking i cant believe they would do that to cf. i wonder if it'll be reversed because i sure know that its gonna come back and bite them in the butt

16. Cohen

Only when it suits them.

Again, they fail to understand that it's not 'just a website'. This IS their fanbase.

17. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

I was thinking something along these lines. The main threat to the organization is losing fan support.

Send Cuban an email explaining the situation. Ask if you can attend training camp and write articles about the Mavs. He's a good businessman, I bet he would be up for gaining some new fans in the Houston area. I wouldnt think Rockets management would be too eager to have 10,000+ fans reading articles about the Mavs.

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Boycott it is than.

19. Cohen

I imagine that all the teams monitor their traffic. Would be funny to see the 'official' Rockets site drop to the bottom because of a myopic management decision.

20. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Everyone call up the radio stations for the call-ins part.