1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I emailed 610 and other sites earlier during the day. Baically told them I am a long time Rockets fan living in NY and have lots of familiy members and friends who follow the Rockets and spend $$ on their merchandise. I told them that despite making several trips to Houston to watch them, this incident has left me bitter and I will not be doing so. In fact, I am forwarding this story to every Rockets and NBA fan I know and we are all debating as to boycott rockets.com or not. I left them a bunch of names and adress with numbers to contact so the would know that i am not bullshi**ing.

I dont believe my email was read. But I do bthink that after noticing all the responses from members from this site, they knew they had to take action.

Its great to know that we as a collective do in fact have a say. :)

#561 Zboy, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

A good thing I can say about the Rockets is that when they realize they made a bozo mistake, they are not too proud to fess up and change the mistake. Example 1 - firing Turbo, then rehiring Turbo. Example 2 - firing Calvin, then rehiring Calvin. Example 3 - not trading Hakeem, then trading Hakeem for Boki (ok, maybe that's not the best example). Example 4 - barring Clutchfans, then changing stance.

3. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Great, we email bombed them when they pissed us off, and now we bomb them again just to thank them. :D

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thanks Clutch for giving all your effort to bring the latest news to this site, for us the out-towners is the only place I can get my rockets news.

This site is the best ever!!

5. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

I'm just now reading about this. great to hear clutch will have access. i would like to express my gratitude to all members who responded. and a big thanks to clutch for all the trouble he goes through for this site. i only wish i had discovered this site years ago.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NOTHING IS OVER. NOTHING! :mad:

I called the SPANISH Radio stations in my MEXICAN way and told them what was happening. Am I helping or hurting the cause? I don't even know if they listened.

p.s. I am reading this on Tuesday morning, and thought it was actually from Sunday. :eek: Sorry... I should have come in earlier and posted something.

VAMOS, CLUTCHFANS!!!! VAMOS!!!! :mad:

Clutch, please advise as to what else we should do.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

wohooo....

this is for you rockets management

you just got

owned, clutchfans style

[​IMG]

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Hey Doc, how about that news in September you wanted to tell us about JVG....

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=98651&page=2&pp=30

Hook us up!!! :D

10. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

GREAT JOB GUYS !!!

11. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Just sent my e-mail providing kudos to correcting a very, bad mistake.
    This place is so money... :cool:

12. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I missed it. What happened? ;)

13. tim562

Copy Cat!!!! :p :p

Check the sig...

14. tim562

Hmmm, nothing!! :cool:

15. leehoang

leehoang Member

Anything new happen?

We allowed back in yet?

Or it ain't happening?

16. B

B Contributing Member

Yes we are back in!

I'm glad to see that fans can still pull together and make a difference. I was considering calling to pull my half season package of tickets. Clutchfans has been here for me when I was going to college and working out of state. This site has been a daily routine for me for many years and to think the site would get blocked from media days is horrible. I get so much more out of Clutch's and other member's accounts of events then I do from the chronicle or any other source.

Way to go ClucthFans!

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Good job boyz, now we bring down the nba empire from the inside :cool:

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i'm glad the rockets orginazation finnaly got their mind back. and started to think:D

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Far out! Went off for a while, come back, and find out the Rockets have seen the red glare. Just great news. Now I can look into getting the tickets I had blown off, and look forward to enjoying the team without having to grind my teeth over the actions of the front office. It was never about the coaches and the players, bless 'em. It was about fairness and equity, along with a dose of outrage at those doing so much to get the Toyota Center for the team being treated like dirt.

Hopefully, justice has and will continue to prevail.

Thanks for everything Clutch, Jeff, the ancient, tottering Dr of Dunk, and the rest of the Clutch Crew. You make this site the best on the internet. We're just along for the ride.

20. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Wow we're almost Mob-ish...I hope the Rockets people don't see us that way.