1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. hansgee

hansgee Contributing Member

Got our 1st win of the seaon!

2. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Damn strong first post after 3 years. Don't wait 3 years to post again. :)

3. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

Man, this is awesome.......while we are gloating in our collective victory, we should definitely do the right thing and email rockets.com and thank them for changing their minds. It would definitely make us look better in their eyes and hopefully clutchfans will stay in good favor with the rockets organization for years to come.

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Great idea. Does this site link to rockets.com? Might be a worthwhile thing to offer up to further show how this site is truly a great asset to the Rockets.

5. declan32001

declan32001 Member

It was all righteousness my brother. :) Aside from this victory, I'm glad we had these communal moments together before we start ripping each other over roster slag about 10 days from now. :D

6. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Sent my email to the Rockets to thank them and express hope that they continue to recognize that we're an asset, not a competitor. Having the world's #1 fansite dedicated to your team should be worth more than a few extra bucks among the millions already in your bank account.

Come on guys, make sure we flood them with thanks and props for correcting a huge blunder.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

We got your back Clutch, 16,000+ strong.

8. corby

corby Contributing Member

Yes, yes! Don't lose the momentum! Let's press on all five demands!

On second thought, screw #2-5. That's too much work.

9. Nero

Nero Member

I am not going to bother reading the whole thread from the beginning, so if any of this is repeating anything anyone has already said, I beg your forgiveness.

I was at work all day, and didn't hear anything about this until the drive home, when a CF member from NEW YORK phoned in to Mark and (shudder) Rich, basically saying that CF needs to get some respect. Mark was pretty down with us, but Rich, as usual, was nothing but a tard.

Anyway, I don't know who the caller from NY was, but props to you man. Good job

After I got home and got the whole fam squared away, I finally managed to get on and have a look, only to see that the Rox have regained their sanity and changed their minds. Good job everybody.

What I am wondering is, WHY exactly did they do this to begin with? 'Unfair competition'?? WTH is that supposed to mean?? I was not aware that CF was in 'competition' with the Rox anemic site anyway..

Anyhow, I have a guess, and if this has already been addressed, again, I apologise.

It's a 'suit thing'. In other words, some bean-counter in an empty suit was looking at the $$'s flying out the window over the costs of developing and maintaining the official Rox site. For as poor as the site has been over the years, vis a vis timely and plentiful information about our beloved Rockets, the site obviously does not drive much traffic. Lower traffic translates into lost $$'s, as far as empty suits are concerned. They have Rockets Buddies packages to sell (or whatever the hell they are called). They are obviously NOT turning a profit on the site. It's basically there just because they HAVE to have one. That's the sort of thing that drives bean-counting empty suits crazy.

Then, this same empty suit (or a fluinky of same) scratches his little head and notices the numbers surrounding CF, the traffic, and the membership, and begins to drool with envy. He thinks to himself, 'If only we could get all those people to come to OUR site instead of theirs, well then, we would be ROLLING in the dinero!!'

So said empty suit starts the ball rolling on trying to 'crush' the unfairly-competing CF.net. After all, the Rox belong to THEM, not US, and therefore, we are stealing away THEIR fans by being a better site than theirs. That is obviously not fair, and must be stopped.

Then, when the castle walls started shaking and trembling, Sanity, which had been on a brief vacation, returned, and the bean-counting empty suit got a major league smackdown.

All good.

Anyway, that's my fever-dream and caffiene-influenced interpretation of the day's events.

Now let's just hope Clutch manages to get something good out of all this. I daresay membership will grow by quite a bit over the next couple of days. Free pub and all that, as they say.

10. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

So sweet.!!!!!!!
    We should give some credit to the Rockets for fixing this issue so fast.
    Clutch,
    I can not wait to read your first report from camp.
    Well done to all that kicked out an email or a phone call. :D

11. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Woohoo... yaye!

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I can't believe they made us skip Media Day!!! Those Bastards!! :mad:

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D Exactly! Glad to hear it Clutch! This should be in the chronicle tomorow!

Put this in the winning column for the little guy!

14. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

Cluthfans.net is a God send. Im glad we won this.....congrats guys!

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. We all have the same goal, and are on the same side. It just didn't make any sense.

I was sure that it was some kind of low to mid level decision, and that if anyone with authority found out about it, the policy would be corrected.

I am extremely happy that it worked out, and the Rockets made the right decision. I am going to write them an e-mail now that says I am happy they changed their minds.

Great job to Clutch, Jeff, and Rhester(the first one to mention and e-mailing campaign) and everyone else who helped turn it around.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

My God I love this site. What we just did is unreal. :eek: :D

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Wow, the power of Clutch BBS....man, I'm proud of this site!

Now I know why I waste so much time on this site....because I BLEED ROCKET BLOOD!!!!

[​IMG]

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

everyone should write a thank you email to whomever you emailed your complaint!!!

ALSO - congrats cluch!!!

feels great to make a difference! i'm glad i sent my emails today.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Very good news. Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion fanbase. You guys that called were great and should be commended. Those of you posting contact info for the media and those of you emailing those contacts are awesome. This is why I don't mind spending money every summer to fly out and watch some scrub Rockets play for spots they'll probably never get.

A great site that supports a great fanbase that in turn supports the great site. And together they support the greatest of NBA teams. All is well again... (hopefully) :)

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Peoples power baby.it would have been a travesty to keep out clutch for whatever reason. i say everyone take a clutch sign to every home game.