1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. gem787

gem787 Member

wow what a relief to hear this clutch, i am so happy as i was planning on devoting time on this everyday, now i can read the board like i usually do.

i am sure it was my phonecall to everybody and threathning not to buy the 7 pair of tickets that did it.........lol

kudos to everyone here for sticking together

2. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

Oh by the way I waited like 1 hr and 20 mins and I went on even though I knew of Clutch's update. It was definetly worth the wait though. They talked about it so long though!!!

3. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Great news !!!!

Props to everyone !

4. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

You're from DC right?

Great you got in and your approach was perfect. They are still talking about it (approx 10 mins) since you hung-up

Both stated that they read the site at times and that they will be contacting the Rockets tomorrow to find out the reason why.

5. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

I just moved to DC like a couple of months ago and I decided to put med school on halt tonight, this was serious. Now I have to go back to biochemistry, but I had to voice my opinion b/c this site has brought me so much happiness.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just finished the thread...

Halfway through it, I could see the writing on the wall and knew that the Rockets had no choice but to relent. Great news, Clutch. congrats.

Now when you get in tomorrow, have WillyTheRocketGuy thrown out for all of us.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL. One of the funniest things I have read today :D.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Clutch,

I don't know if the thought crossed your mind, but I hope the Rockets don't put out the word to the staff and team to stone wall you despite them granting you access.

9. max14

max14 Member

Could someone put Droxford stuff on rapidshare or some place ??? Please ?!?!?!?! I keep on getting blocked on yousendit !!!!! I think I have a slow connection........

10. Valio!

Valio! Member

Wow! This is great! Im excited it worked out for the best... see? the rox only need the calm, gentle, diplomatic approach equivalent to getting hit in the head by a 2x4. Good job fellas! way to swarm!

I only got through the first two pages and was so enraged I skipped to the last one so I could suggest all members boycott the rox site (Im sure someone else already proposed this but I couldnt continue reading I was so angry)...

Im just glad it all worked out!

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This place has so much power... its scary.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

COMO ESTAN, BEETCHES?

[​IMG]

14. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

The right thing happened. I hope you get some good info for your site.

clm

15. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Congrats, Clutch!

You deserve it. Like some have already said, this is a big family and we will always go to bat for you and this site. Just too bad I was too chicken to call in myself. :D

Props to hotballa and droxford and the probably hundreds of emailers that made a difference.

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's insane. Congratulations to Clutch and all the guys who helped him out with e-mails, phone calls, and posts. I no do anything, sorry. :( I'll contribute again tomorrow though to make up for it...

CONGRATS!!

17. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Let's not gloat too much about the "power of Clutchfans" (true as it is). I prefer to give major props to the Rockets for acknowledging their mistake, swallowing their pride and reversing their decision. I love this forum as much as anyone, but let's keep the focus where it belongs: On Our Rockets!

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

:)
    _________

SWEET VICTORY

19. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D

Good one TJ.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I agree. I think that it's only right that they get criticized for a dumb decision and commended for a smart one. I would encourage everyone to shoot off a quick email to the Rockets thanking them for putting their fans first and reconsidering their decision.