1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(UPDATE: Rockets change stance) Rockets block ClutchFans from training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2005.

1. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Just called. The guy I spoke with said he'd not heard anything, so he put me through to a reporter's voice mail and said to leave a message. I gave them the low-down, so let's see if they call me back. I'll post if they do.

KEEP CALLING AND COMPLAINING!!!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great post, Trader_J!

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The Rockets obviously are threatened of how much attention this site gets versus theres. It's kinda like when you're a kid and you're getting beat in basketball and he leaves and says "I'm taking my ball with me then."

The reason why we visit CF.net so much is because of the breaking news and reports we get. Rockets.com does nothing for the avid Rocket fan, updates are once a month and don't cover anything useful or new.

I completely understand their logic behind not letting CF.net in, but their website is crap. I don't agree with anyone boycotting the Rox (I don't think anyone could anyways). But I can definitely say I won't be visiting Rockets.com for a while, we have 16,000 users that I'm sure visit Rockets.com every once in a while. If we cut that off, that's 16,000+ hits they'll lose.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yup, a good post by T_J that I completely agree with. ;)

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL! Where have you been lately?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you think he noticed that I replaced it in my quote with "horrible source?" Hee, hee!

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL, great post TJ.

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Dude, I am tired of hearing about the Texans.....We are going to have a much better season than the Texans.

9. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

The Rockets should be working on ways to work WITH cf, not doing what they can to hurt the fanbase. Terrible, terrible decision on their part. CF is not only the best basketball fansite, it's the best sports site period. A lot of teams could learn a lot from CF.

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The beauty of his post is the subtle jab that many in this section of the forum probably wouldn't catch on first glance.

Whoda thunkit Deck, this Rockets thing is so outraging even T_J is taking names! :D

11. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Emailed Feigen many times using multiple emails...hope he does something.

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Has anybody gotten a response from anybody they have emailed?

13. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

So where are the damn media day pictures and articles on the Rockets site??!!! These would have been up a long time ago if Clutch would have been there.

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

They will probably write a one paragraph summary of the event with only one picture, just like they did for EACH of the playoff games last May. I'm still insulted by their lack of commitment to the playoff coverage last year.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Expect it to be up within a month. Or maybe already next week.

16. tmac4prez

tmac4prez Contributing Member

Ive called Channel 13 and Fox 26 and wrote to Feigen and the Official P.O.S. web site and tried for an accumulated 2 hours to get on 610.

This is just another Big market trying to push little market out... But what they dont realize is we are getting into a David and Goliath situation...

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Did the Rockets hire Michael Brown as their new Director of Marketing? He did a really swell job at FEMA so I hear...

18. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

where did michael brown come from.......

19. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

This is totally unacceptable.

I haven't been on the web-site the last few days, and then this afternoon on 610am I hear a person call in by the name of "Droxford."

My first impression was that the name was familliar to me because of ClutchFans. Then, I heard Drox speak about what happened during media day. So I got on the web-site and I read all of these horrible things that the Rockets organization is doing to CluthFans.

I am truly appalled, because this is such a great site for information from true fans who love their Rockets.

Can the Rockets help it if they keep the same story loaded on their site for three months and expect loyal, information seeking fans, to sit idly by with no breathe of new information and then they want to prevent Clutch (Who busts his A$$ for this site) from going into today's activities to get some information for those loyal fans.

All I can say is that I am truly PI$$ED at the Rockets organization. And I intend to do just as others have suggested and try to contact anyone who will listen to how some eager fans were pushed aside by the team they love so dear. Also, I had planned on buying several ticket packages for some games this season, but now I do not feel inclined to do so.

...sorry for the rant.

20. bigshea

bigshea Contributing Member