1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update on 360/PS3/Wii Shipments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jul 30, 2008.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19475
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19614
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19629
    Some of these were posted in the articles, but here are the totals:
    Wii 29.62M
    360 20.3M
    PS3 14.38M

DS 77.54

I lost track of PSP and PS2 numbers.

2. UND3RxOATH

UND3RxOATH Member

Great post!

My love and wonders (Wii360) are dominating that playstation era. The time is over for it.

I won't go into a bashing thread but it is amazing to see how Nintendo has bounced back after they were almost counted out to 10 when the PS 1 came out.

3. RC Cola

The Wii + anything is dominating.

I found this pretty interesting picture over at NeoGAF which kind of puts things into perspective:
    [​IMG]

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

1. 360 has sold 7 units total in Japan
    2. 360 has put out so many units because 93.8% of units have been RRoD 3-4 times minimum.
    3. These are all fact

5. RC Cola

To be fair, even though people like to point how poorly the 360 does in Japan (including myself), the PS3 doesn't exactly do well either. If the 360 has sold 7 systems, the PS3 has maybe sold 50. And I think everyone in Japan owns a DS (most probably have 2-3 extras).

Sony really needs to work on getting the PS3 to sell well in that region since they actually have a chance to do well. I'd suggest that they try to follow a similar strategy that they used with the PSP, but I don't think they even know why it is selling. :eek: