1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unvaccinated Rockets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Doctor Robert, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You would think he would at least carry some sort of disposable buffer to put on the table with if the nightclub doesn't stock paper towels. Perhaps a neatly folded aluminum that you can rinse off.. something. Having said that I bet that guys immune system would be stronger than any of ours if he wasn't a cocaine user, but probably still is anyways.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course they can, but it's not about honesty, it's about having a minority population to blame everything on then brand with a star and throw into camps.

Those types of people don't really change, they just change targets.

Reasonable people just let people live their lives as they see fit. I personally think it's stupid to not get vaccinated.....but it's none of my business if people make that choice. I'm vaccinated, I have previously had COVID, I'm not old as hell, and I'm not unhealthy. It simply does not affect me one way or the other what choice they make. The vaccine only potentially protects you, not anyone else.

Before someone responds with a ridiculous "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!" comment, children have essentially nothing to worry about. More than twice as many children 17 and under have died from Swine Flu in less than a year than have died from COVID over the past 18 months.

In short, don't be a Nazi, get the vaccine if you want, I did, and leave people alone if they don't make the same choice. It's none of your business anyway.

UTSA2step, Tfor3, davisag9 and 3 others like this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Great thread to identify posters to ignore in the future.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

as long as the unvaccinated agree to not go to the hospital and take up ICU beds when they catch Covid then I won’t care if they decide not to get vaxxed

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The many vaccinations that we have taken over there years are not using mRNA spiked proteins. The method that is being used in these vaccines have never been publicly used in humans, have shown really bad reactions long term in animals, and the vaccines themselves are not FDA approved. One of the companies Mederna has released a total of 0 FDA approved drugs of any kind in the history of its existence. There are studies that show these mRNA spiked proteins can confuse the immune system when it comes to getting other viruses and has been shown to cause clotting.

I am not a scientist working on these vaccines and I will assume you are not either so in reality neither one of us know if they are safe or not, they could be perfectly safe. I simply look at the facts surrounding it being how it was rushed in one year using a technology that has never been approved for human use because it has shown to be dangerous in animal studies and one of the companies have never released an FDA product in its history. Me saying that these are safe or unsafe would be insane because I am not personally working on these things nor do I have the knowledge to do so.

Is it so bad that people might want to wait a few years and see how all this pans out? To give it a few years to see if it is safe then reevaluate their decision on if they want to get it or not? If you think they work then get them and you won't have to worry about those who don't because you will be protected. Look up new covid case reports vs total vaccinated population and see how effective vaccines are for yourself. Ask yourself why the new cases are still somewhat around the same as last year even though 70% are vaccinated and a portion of those 30% probably already got it and are immune. These numbers should be going down. So is it because of mutations in the virus, are you going to need boosters every 6 months for the rest of your life?

Get the vaccine for yourself, become protected, and not worry about those who don't. There is a nice slogan I heard from somewhere but I can't remember where it comes from but it goes "my body, my choice".

#45 Swapshop, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Smacktle, Tfor3, davisag9 and 7 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I say that about fat people. As long as they agree to not go to the hospital and take up medical resources when they get diabetes or have heart attacks, I'm fine with them eating whatever they want.

Same for smokers. As long as smokers don't go to the hospital or take up medical resources when they get cancer or COPD, I'm fine with them smoking.

Basically, anyone who doesn't live my exact lifestyle deserves to die for it so they shouldn't be allowed to use medical resources that should be held exclusively for me and those who live my exact lifestyle. I mean, they knew the risks of not living their lives exactly as I choose to live mine, why should we bail them out? AMIRITE?

I'm glad we agree.

rfrocket, Smacktle, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Blah blah blah - how come we still haven't clarified the Devin Booker comment? :cool:

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Well said. Also if you get in car accident, live a dangerous lifestyle such as contact sports. Or if you get shot because you in a gang they should let you die because of your bad decision to participate in those activities. The list goes on I suppose. I guess its them who gets to judge what behavior is suitable for our lives and not us.

Smacktle and clos4life like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

nice try, but this was a fail

Could u tell me the time when diabetes or cancer completely swamped the hospital system and was the cause of a pandemic with a virus that is easily spread from person to person?

D-rock likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You have literally ruined a lot of people's days with your common sense.

People don't like that approach.

Smacktle, Tfor3, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Swamped hospital system.

Firing nurses on mass because they don't get the vaccine.

Pick one.

Hey, can someone please tell me why the White House doesn't have to abide by the vaccine mandate they're trying so desperately to implement on the non-rich and famous? Curious, asking for several friends.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Good point. When covid was new should have been the only time we turned them down because the hospitals were swamped.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Also congress doesn't have to have the mandate either. They are exempt. I am guessing important judges probably don't either.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

So.... No one knows anything about the individual Rockets players that have or have-not been vaccinated?

Thank you.

Clutch... please feel free to close the thread or move it to D&D at this point.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fun thread.

Anyone who needs comic relief after reading through it should go to the Westbrook thread in the dish and read the hilarious story the athletic wrote.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this is one of the worst threads in the history of the GARM (no offense OP) and i only read the last page.

@Clutch or anyone else, please close.

today is a great day!! let's stay positive!

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All federal workers are under a vaccine mandate as of about 3 weeks ago - this includes the white house.

Anyway believe it or not, for those of us that don't live in horse dewormer country or have Rogan Galaxy brain, voluntary vaccination is like 90% or higher in many places. I'm willing to bet 100% of the White House's political appointees are vaccinated, just like you and tweedle-dumb @Bobbythegreat probably are too - but are just being shitbirds because it's so really very truly funny.

don grahamleone, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you knew how to read, you'd know that of course I'm vaccinated.... and I think those who aren't are stupid, I'm just not a Nazi about it. I don't want stupid unvaccinated people to die for their choices any more than I want stupid fat people to die for their choices.

Imagine you were a decent person with solid reading comprehension skills, you'd probably agree with me then.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

You can't let people die because they are stupid. We are all in this together. We should help the unvaccinated even if they put people at risk. When it comes to the NBA we can't make them a second class citizen because of a choice. We are doing it to the healthcare workers, but I don't think it's right. I wish they would get on board, but I won't condemn them or give them a scarlet letter for their choice or stupidity.

20. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I just can't wait to base which players I like and dislike around their personal health choices.