1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unvaccinated Rockets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Doctor Robert, Sep 26, 2021.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Did you pass basic statistics?

mightybosstone, D-rock and Dubious like this.
  2. lnchan

I would say pretty much everyone I went to Rice with has gotten the vaccine. The undergrads are 98% vaccinated, and I suspect those that are not are the ones in which doctors have legitimate reasons to recommend against it. Only ones from my Clements friends that didn't get the vaccine are the ones that well... struggled through the TAKS test.

DaDakota, yixiixiy and D-rock like this.
  3. lnchan

Considering that unvaccinated players may play fewer games than Kevin Love this year...

D-rock likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree there is a dumb idiot aspect to anti vax discussion but that’s different from what Beal and Isaac seemed to be saying. Isaac even said he isn’t anti vax and is open to changing his mind.

The issue that Beal and Jonathan Isaac brought up is they already had covid and they are young. Yes they should likely get one shot, but they aren’t completely unreasonable to ask what the point of them getting vaccinated is since they have already had covid.

It’s great we are pushing everyone to get vaccinated but the bottom line is benefits of vaccination and side effects of vaccination after covid infection are not well studied enough. Risks seem to be very minimal at worst but benefits seem to be minimal too.

Is it riskier for an under 30 male athlete with prior covid infection to get covid again and then get monoclonal antibodies or are they better off being given one vaccine shot or two vaccine shots? We don’t know because it hasn’t been studied.

The fact that they are talking to the press and not a doctor about their questions is ridiculous from my perspective. NBA and the players association shouldn’t be letting that happen.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm not going to read the entire thread I'm unfortunately responsible for, but I have seen little-to-no discussion on how unvaccinated players may impact the Rockets and the NBA in this thread. My initial question was about how many Rockets players may be unvaccinated, and that was answered on press day clearly... 0% are unvaccinated. Another valid discussion may have been, "How many extra games could the Rockets win due to other teams having unvaccinated players," but that is not where the thread went.

Discussions on public health in general do not belong in this forum.

King1 and DaDakota like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Nobody cares about the vaccination status of players on a lottery team.

robbie380, lnchan and D-rock like this.
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeesh...Isaac really knows a lot about this but is omitting (I don't think it's purposeful, he seems genuine) some pretty important details that would derail his stance. But he definitely comes across as a smart guy. I hope he changes his mind but I can respect his stance after listening to this explanation. Beal and Wiggins on the other hand just seems like genuinely stupid people. It's so hard to take anything seriously after someone says "you know you can still get covid if you have the vaccine, right?" as if this is some salient point.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You should have known where this type of discussion would lead. If I didn't know any better I would say you put this here to further divide people. You know, like the government is doing.

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We mean the pandemic that has killed almost 700,000 U.S. citizens and is filling up ICUs around the country with unvaccinated morons with catastrophic consequences for other people who need those medical services for non-COVID reasons. That's where you and Bobby's stupid ****ing rationale that vaccines are only for personal protection completely breaks down.

DaDakota and D-rock like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Scared?? LOL - I am just incensed that the rest of the world is held back by selfish asshats.

This is a libertarian view - they want the relatively safe society, but they don't want to work for it themselves.

It is literally junior high level thinking.

The dangers of social media and the internet all here in one post - not a shred of evidence - and chuck full of bullshit.

And there it is - can't win a facts based discussion/argument so they resort to personal attacks to run away and change the narrative - won't work pal.

Get vaccinated it is safe, and saves lives - your tin hat wearing friends talking about the conspiracy of big pharma - when the vaccine is FREE does not hold any water.....

DD

#311 DaDakota, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    platypus and D-rock like this.
  12. Possum

Possum Member

Wrong. None of the currently available vaccines are approved. All vaccines currently available are under the emergency use authorization. The one that has been approved hasn’t even began production yet.

This kind of **** that makes people not trust the vaccines. You are aware that the head of the FDA resigned over pressure to pass it right? Followed by several high level FDA officials who didn’t believe the vaccine had been properly tested after the new FDA director Janice woodcock immediately pushed it through following her appointment.

13. Possum

Possum Member

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

None of the currently available vaccines are approved.

Took me a second to look this up and disprove your misinformation
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Currently avaliable bs.
    Here's another one to ease your fking delusional mind.
    https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/qa-comirnaty-covid-19-vaccine-mrna

Here's my favorite part: The FDA-approved Pfizer-BioNTech product Comirnaty (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the FDA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under EUA have the same formulation and can be used interchangeably to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns.

#314 DatRocketFan, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, Pfizer vaccine has been FDA approved for over a month now.

HP3 and DatRocketFan like this.
  16. lnchan

If Wiggins and Kyrie don't play half their games... chemistry will be an issue in the games they do play. Plus, home court advantage may actually be avoided... it will lead to interesting dynamics in playoff seedings. Good enough?

D-rock likes this.
  17. lnchan

D-rock likes this.
  18. lnchan

I am on your side, countering the 'vaccinations don't stop infections' anyway narrative.

19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I guarantee you that Ben Dubose has.

He's extensively covered the topic of vaccinations in Houston Sports and really knows his stuff.

He's a few steps ahead of you.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3 likes this.