1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

unpaid speeding ticket

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bag0b0y, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

I lost my information for a speeding ticket I got several years ago and was just wondering if there was a website I can go or if there was anywhere I can go to retreive that information. Also how would I go about paying it off? :D

2. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

contact the police department to get the ticket number. They ususally can then tell you what court to call.

After you call, you can cry into a pillow after they tell you all the charges and fees you have to pay to get out of it. Then, you'll never lose another ticket again. ;)

I'm speaking from experience.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I got a speeding ticket my sophmore year in HS. I was freaked and didn't tell anyone or pay it. Years later in College, I got pulled over and taken to the Pokey because of my own stupidity and cowardice.

It's inconvenient to get thrown in jail and the people there are not of the highest caliber, so I applaud you in your resolve to take care of business.

Best thing to do is probably call the city/county in which you got the ticket.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

just ignore it.

5. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Drive 15 mph over the speed limit until you get pulled over and then ask the officer how to take care of it.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You're gonna go to federal pound me in the ass prison.

7. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

first contact the dps. Give them your info. They'll tell you to probably call the OMNI databse thingy. You'll have to send your payment via certified mail to whatever county courthouse you were ticketed

Once payment is received it takes 3 days to clear with the database.

I had an unpaid ticket in LA Grange when I was in school in Austin. I got caught several times driving back and forth from Austin to Houston. I decided not to pay for one.

I let it go for like 4 years and when time came around to renew my license I ended up owing something like $850 for a $150 ticket.

Just pay if off.

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

You know you have warrent out for your arrest, right?

9. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Is there any way to do communiy service to pay the fine instead of $$? I have a ticket outstanding in Sealy from driving back to school at UT.

A friend of mine told me that most judges will allow you to do community service, I am not sure though.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

become the judge's butler.

11. Fatty FatBastard

I believe that after 3 years and 3 months, an unpaid traffic ticket is no longer a warrantable offense. Pretty sure that is still the rule in Texas.

I recall getting a mean, nasty letter from a county in the middle of Texas in 2001. The ticket was from '96. I told them I wasn't paying it. They sent two more nasty letters to me, but they never said "warrant" on them, so I blew them off.

I got arrested a couple of years later, but that warrant wasn't in there, so I'm pretty sure that rule is still in effect.

12. BenignDMD

hehehe...nice one. Maybe we can film a pilot based on that.

13. BenignDMD

Do you know if for example someone had an outstanding ticket and warrant in Sealy, an HPD officer would be able to see that when he pulled said someone over? :cool:

14. Fatty FatBastard

As of right now, ONLY HPD can't find warrants from other counties. Every other county can and will find it, unless it is over 3 years old.

15. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

no i don't.

16. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Don't some places offer amnesty every once in a while? Sometimes you can pay less than the full value of a ticket and have it cleared. It might be a bit of a risk though.

17. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

thanks for all yalls advice (I think) but I guess there's no website available to do that. I've talked to several people and calling the cops to pay for a ticket isn't the brightest thing to do...

18. rage

rage Member

I don't think he was asking a question. He was trying to tell you the fact that there is a warrant for your arrest automatically if you have unpaid tickets.
    It's been a long time since I had mine, things may have changed. I had some unpaid tickets. The cops did not go looking for you (simply because they didn't have the manpower to do so) but I got pulled over for some other traffic violation. They cuffed me, put in the back of the squad car, took me back to their substation. They were nice enough not to throw me in with the real bad guys in the cell but had me locked in the hallway outside the cells. After several hrs, they took me to buy money orders and to a court house to pay for the tickets. ( I believe this was also a favor). They could have kept me there a long time until a relative could get me out.
    It was scary and humiliating. I've never done any thing bad before nor after except for getting traffic tickets.

19. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Call Jim Adler, the TEXAS HAMMER!!!

I hear he's a tough smart lawyer, that will get you money.

wait...

20. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Dont call the cops call the County, they will get you in touch with who you need to talk to.

I had 4 unpaid tickets, 3 of which turned into warrants over the last 5 years. Sept 05 i had to renew my license and they wouldnt let me till my warrants were paid off. I called the county (mont and harris) and got the number to the clerk where i needed to pay my tickets. I got my money orders and actually went and paid them myself. I didnt pay the ticket that wasnt in warrant status yet, and they let me get my license.