1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNOFFICIAL] Texans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 1, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Ugg

3. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

His contract wishes are too rich for texans this offseason. Their largest expenditures have already happened with colvin and fulton. Be on the lookout for lower teir safety and some skill position players over the next month or two. This is going to be a LONG free agency process with very few moves until after the 1st and possibly 2nd wave and its going to make a lot of fans angry but keep in mind this is NOT a one year fix and they know that. The intent is to save as much as possible, regroup for a year, and use 2019 offseason to try again for a big fish and they will also have a 1st and 2 2nds next year.

TheFreak likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

guess they still have faith in Braxton and or not willing to give out a huge contract

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what they are saving up for, they have a ton of cash to spend on increasingly few players.

Fullcourt likes this.
  6. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Im not an advocate of just tossing dollars out there like say the redskins, but for a team thats NEVER had that type of playmaker in the secondary, you spend the money.

Shark44 and Fullcourt like this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

yeah i see your point but don't forget we need a backup qb that's were i feel his real test will come there are a let of qb's out there that were starters in the league before let's see who he brings in.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For a guy like Mathieu who is a playmaker in his prime, when you have as much money to spend as the Texans, it should be a no-brainer.....but we've got a head coach essentially being the new GM so who knows?

Fullcourt and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Wish they had the brinks truck smiley face.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The talk about the Raiders being in on Tyrann Mathieu is probably inaccurate, especially if this rumor is true, I'm not sure exactly how much cap space they have left, but there's no way they could make a competitive offer for Mathieu.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ok I will give you the Texans have a better offense but you seem to be forgetting Kelvin Benjamin balled at Carolina. You seem to forget they have Christian McCaffrey. I don't know who you have been listening to telling you about all of Cam's "limitations". It is too ridiculous to even argue. TE is a position of strength, they are bolstering it even more. Just like when the Patriots went and got Gilmore last year. Or the Eagles trading for Jay Ajayi. Or the Jags signing Bouye. Or the Rams getting Marcus Peters AND Talib. It would be like the Texans going after a pro bowl OLB to start across from Clowney and moving JD to the line more often. I hope the Texans are not like you and are actively trying to improve every position.

raining threes and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Eric Reid reportedly not receiving much interest. The Texans should consider him. Too bad McNair would rather die than have an "inmate" on the team.

red5rocket, RasaqBoi and macho GRANDE like this.
  16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's all about the cap + needs, short and long-term. None of your examples are illustrative of any of that. Newton's limitations are obvious, don't see how it's ridiculous. Just look at completion percentage, for openers.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's all about making your team better. All the examples I gave were of teams going out and making their team better by getting playmakers. Every team has needs but if you only work on your needs, you'll be chasing your tail. You've get to turn your weakness into strengths but also improve your strengths.

I didn't realize 59.1 completion percentage was ridiculous. If that's the case, 61% (Deshaun Watson) is mediocre. smh

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

These days anything under 60 is terrible, I mean, Cam's 59.1% was good for 28th best among qualified QB's. Watson's 61.8% would have been 20th in the league....but he was a rookie, one would hope he'd do better in future seasons.

Anyway, point is Cam was a pretty terrible QB last season, I didn't know that there were people out there that didn't realize that.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sub 60 isn't good in the current NFL and yes, Watson's accuracy was mediocre last year.

Nimo likes this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Texans are so trash. Feel like free agents just pass over thinking about coming here.