1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Official Offseason Thread (2024)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tuckmose, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Marshall Bryant

I think the NYJs and CLE are in the same boat with too much confidence in over the hill QBs.

2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I have seen nothing in the last 5 years that makes me think the Jets are a Bonafide top 5 team.
    Wait until the Met Life field starts taking a toll on the Jets line up.
    Should not have built the stadium on Jimmy Hoffa's grave.

3. percicles

percicles Member

I guess we’ll see what kind of DL coach Rod Wright is with this years DT play.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Watson tried to ruin our rep

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Houston's b****, Possum Holler and Weak City representing their Cletus fanbases to a tee.

6. Rockets34Legend

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. solid

solid Member

This is the most pre season hype about the Texans that I have ever seen. My concerns are the line play. Both lines are thin and can't afford too many injuries. It is unlikely that the Texans are going to bulldoze through the NFL. They have some special skill players, and, yes, speed kills, but it all happens on the field. Interviews ultimately count for nothing.

red5rocket and houstonstime like this.
  9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

His comment on Slowik saying “I wanted you to push the ball there” and cj saying “it wasn’t there, I took the check down” and this guy saying how veteran that is..

made me think of Watson. How excited we were to finally have a guy that could push the ball down the field, make flashy plays to fuller… but sometimes that would turn into hero ball and trying to do too much. God I’m trying to stifle the hype trainnnnnn

red5rocket likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The team has weaknesses but they are legitimately within striking distance. There is no doubt in my mind there will be fewer injuries on the O-line and it will improve vs. last year.

The interior D-line will determine how far they go. I'm still hoping for a move prior to the season.

11. Marshall Bryant

It isn't hype when there are REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS of improvement. All there is to do is separating the reasonable from the hopium (unreasonable expectations). I'm relying on depth from a second FA win in a row, which I believe to be reasonable. It is reasonable to expect some wins, some losses and some injuries. The depth will give Demeco the talent to respond better than most.

So my evaluation is, IT ISN'T HYPE.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Gave up about half way through free agency and just started mainlining the Kool-Aid.

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

14. Marshall Bryant

I just watched Love's interview on the advantages of not having a WR1.

https://sports.yahoo.com/desmond-king-texans-coming-stay-194815884.html

The host disagrees and it boils down to this: What do you mean by WR1. Love is thinking a receiver who is targeted a disproportionate percentage of the time which a DC will try to focus on in a game plan. The Host is thinking of a receiver who gives the DC nightmares.

This is why having 3 WRs who give DCs nightmares is such a luxury for the Texans. 3 WR nightmares incorporate uncertainty adding a 4th nightmare. And this doesn't even include TE or RB.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

16. Marshall Bryant

They spend too much time looking in the rear view mirror.

17. Marshall Bryant

I've noticed immediately after CJ sets a Rookie record for a first year QB, everyone now thinks every rookie QB will do the same.

It doesn't work like that. CJ is special and does not represent a new normal.

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree. I'm hoping a guy like Khalil Davis next a step or two up. He's flashed in the past.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

Shark44 likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member