1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Official Offseason Thread (2024)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tuckmose, Jan 20, 2024.

1. conquistador#11

NGL I'm more hyped about the senior bowl than the superbowl, no disrespect to the Purdies or Swifties. Just want to get the new NFL year started. Senior bowl is this week.

2. Qan

Qan Member

Texans have plenty of needs, but it seems we all have differing thoughts on which position should be the priority. I still think they need another playmaking reciever and RB. Texans lack true skilled offensive players, especially at RB.

I really want to see what Caserio and DeMeco thinks we need. Can't wait till FA and draft night.

3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Yeah a big issue is during the playoffs, yes, Stroud had no time but we literally had one play maker in Nico downfield, Dalton looked a little out of sorts, Tank was injured.

Most of these big teams had 3-4 playmakers available that could make something happen, if one was doubled. Plus Kittle and Kelce have been fantastic against zone.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You are on a roll today. Keep them coming. More laughs from this forum than I've had in a while.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If Dalton wants to come back on a lesser deal, cool. But I'd like to see the Texans target TE as a position they could significantly upgrade.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What free agent do you see as an upgrade?
    Obviously Bowers is, but he’s out of reach in the draft

everyday eddie and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a better blocking and receiving TE - Detroit run game looks so good because their TEs do such a good blocking

everyday eddie and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Who though?
    Bowers we would have to trade up for and Schultz is probably the best FA TE, maybe Hunter Henry

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Shultz should be resigned for sure. They will continue to use Jordan more and might look or a development TE in the draft. Free agency will be dominated by defense and maybe OT depth. Slovik will put a much more creative offense in place to make up for the lack of a running game.

11. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Yeah it sucks cause it has to be someone in the draft … Shultz dropped 2 huge passes in playoffs and pisses me off still

everyday eddie, cmoak1982 and ROXRAN like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Demeco hates to blitz. I think we spend big on the DL and add the rest through the draft. Stroud missed two games and played without Shultz, Dell, ad Nico for several games. We are fine on offense except RT.

J_Hunter_1977 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

We need speed badly… Motor is slow, we need another WR to put pressure on teams if Tank or Nico get hurt/doubled … I would love to use Jordan a lot more and pray Metchie comes around as a elite chain mover with his route running

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes we could really use another speedy wide receiver with hands. We just are going to have to fill a lot of needs and I think wr is way down the ladder

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We should also remember that tank only played 6 1/2 games out of 17

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He was special in those games too - as much as I want another WR I'm just as good if they target a RB higher in the draft

astrosrule and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Get Chris Jones and resign Barnett and Cashman. Draft WR/DB/RB/BPA

Or try and sign Barkley/Swift…

J_Hunter_1977 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Agree with this.

I mean if we could trade a second or third for Pitts, I’d do it in a heartbeat but the Falcons won’t.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. raining threes

Want to run the ball better

Sign Swift/Henry in FA, re-sign Schultz, draft Thomas in the 1st rd and Rouse in the 2nd rd.

Use the rest of the draft FA on the defense. Re-sign Rankins/Cashman/Tart/Barnett/Sanders/Singletary

Sign Reader who should be cheaper coming off an injury and Uche.

rd. 3 Payton Wilson
    rd.4 Cole Bishop

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I was not a fan of signing S Barkley to an overpriced FA deal, but after watching the 4 remaining teams this weekend you HAVE to be able to run the ball and its a plus if he is a pass catcher out of the back field to set up screens...............give me Barkley and ONE stud O lineman in FA, draft a WR and then shore up the D with the rest of the draft. Give me a RB late in the draft to develop...............thank goodness the Astros are about to start because this will be a long off season for the Texans

houstonstime likes this.