1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Cypress

Cypress Member

Texans aint looking to good either.

2. Cypress

Cypress Member

Asstros aint winning ****. Have fun on another 13 years dry streak.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

STFU CyprASS

4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

For everyone saying cut Ken Giles, I disagree. His control hasn’t really been great all year, even during some of his decent outings. But I think the guy has too much potential to not give him a chance to work it out. And from a business perspective, it makes no sense to trade him for peanuts.

jim1961 likes this.
  5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Who the hell is this scrotal zit? Coming in here stirring crap. Go away.

fiersdownbelow, Uprising and Tfor3 like this.
  6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

. He has an arm but is clueless how to use it. Maybe Verlander could mentor him. Teach him you blow it past people. With the ability to reach 100 he should be able to blownit by some batters but can’t. His fastball just flattens out right on to the meat or the hitters bat.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Look at the clowns come out after their team wins. Watch- he'll disappear if the Astros win it all, but if they lose, he'll come on here b/c he will think he had something to do with it. Pathetic.

8. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Tonight was a must win game for the Astros. They aren't going to beat the best active pitcher in baseball in Game 5. So they will be down 2-3 tomorrow night going back to LA with two chances for Dodgers to close it out at home.

It's over.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Pathetic. **** all of you negative-ass p*****s.

Mkieke and Tfor3 like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

True on making no sense to trade him for peanuts but next year he's got to earn his place in the pen, not have it given to him.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was only a matter of time.

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I and everyone else was yelling ..no Harris ( I nicknamed him "Home Run Harris") and no Giles.....I told my daughter when we lead 1-0 that I didn't want to jinx us but if Harris and Giles pitch we would lose...we've ALL seen this dance before. They say the definition of a fool is to keep doing the same thing and expect a DIFFERENT result...almost never happens. Maybe Giles is successful every 8 or 9 times...but that spells LOSER. You're up 1-0....you pull out all the stops NOW. You close this game out and give yourself the opportunity to win it all in Game 5 in front of these fine people who have been through so much.

So now,you have to go back to L.A. and win one game and possibly both. Yeah, yeah...I've seen where some talk about hitting(true, it was bad) but if pitching is good you can win with 2 runs.I watched the other night where L.A. had 4 hits but 5 runs to like our 12 or so. Charlie Morton went like 6 and 1/3 and we can't get 5 outs..totally disheartening. It's unreal to watch us use a combo to win Friday and Morton pitch his butt off yesterday to watch a pair of clowns who can't get 2 or 3 outs. Please, the next time I see Giles will be too soon.He may have the tools but the space between his 2 ears is SCREWED UP.

conquistador#11 and Houstunna like this.
  13. solodolo

solodolo Member

Man some of ya really are losers . I don't want to hear **** about .. my jinx worked .. LOSER .

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Astros will have to win using Peacock, McHugh (he needs to pitch!) and Morton out of the bullpen. It's hard to use Giles at all and I think Devo has been pretty damn shaky, too.

mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

With few exceptions, I don't believe that people on here are saying that we don't have a chance...I'm certainly not. We pull out a win tomorrow, we can get one in L.A. and win it ! We've done it once, can do it again. Don't like the odds AT ALL of having to win 2 in L.A. Most here,myself included, are lamenting that we didn't give ourself the BEST CHANCE to win last night...that's the key...did we give ourself the best chance ? Obviously not. I have little doubt that if we trot Giles out again, the result would likely be the same.What scares me is that Hinch might still do that...let's hope not.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Here’s to you and your ilk dying in a fire and letting us True fans play this series out like we all expected.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's unhealthy to overthink about what may or may not happen. Just shut your brains off and watch the games. Astros will either win or lose.

Never tell me the odds.

Tfor3 and Mkieke like this.
  18. AUstrofan

AUstrofan Member

The bats were a big problem. Woods was out of the zone all night, throwing wild and in the dirt. The Astros kept swinging at bad pitches and giving him easy outs.

Giles can't pitch under pressure. He's got great stuff, but he should not be considered a reliable option at this point. The guy just doesn't have it upstairs. The best stuff in the world won't overcome that at the top level.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

we lost that **** alright. now guys all they have to do is win tomorrow and go back to LA up 3-2. even losing a game six if they win tomorrow night is not the end because anything can happen in a game seven and the Dodger crowd isn't intimating we are pissed the Astros didnt win tonight yeah but they got this tomorrow. Karma is coming back on Kershaw for that stunt he pulled at the end too.

And you know Giles aint pitching again so thats a plus. we have a pitcher more than capable of a complete game going tomorrow and then another on Tuesday. Morton/McHugh/McCullers could all pitch in game 7.

We're okay yall. 2-2. anyone's series.

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We got a look at Kershaw Game 1. The offense will do better. Keuchel needs to pitch well.

Game 6 with JV looks decent enough. Peacock will be available.

Lance-Morton can pitch great Game 7 if it happens.

Game 4 was huge to lose though. Devo should've remained 9th inning. BUT MAINLY, McHugh should've started the 7th and pitched until he surrendered the lead. He should be first out the pen today, or Peacock if ninth inning save situation.

#7120 Houstunna, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017