1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I do agree with you about our offense needing to step up and underperforming in that game. Wood pitched a gem for them.

Also agree that our bullpen was put under more pressure because of that.

But the fact remains that we needed 3 outs from our closer in order to have an opportunity to go for a walk off.

When we asked our closer to get 3 outs, he shut it down mentally and couldn’t find a way to compete.

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

The Cubs showed everyone last year that anything can happen. One game at a time. As daunting as beating Kershaw seems it’s not like the guy is untouchable. Now both teams have seen all the starting pitchers. I expect Astros batters to have better ABs this time around. As for Keuchel, I think he can pitch better than what we saw in game 2. Never thought he had his A stuff in that game and he still managed to keep Dodgers at bay until that pitch to Turner.

Astros may want to think about small ball strategy with Kershaw. Every run counts. Let’s get this tomorrow.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You all need to listen to this man. Best post of the thread so far. Tip your hat to them and try again tomorrow. Damn straight.

ipaman likes this.
  4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well....at least game 5 ticket prices are dropping.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Go to a los angeles sports forum if you want the dodgers to win. We don’t need traitors.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Cypress

Cypress Member

When
    The word cracker aint racist dipshit. When the word crackers ever oppressed?

7. Cypress

Cypress Member

Because im not giving guriel the standing ovation with u racist ass crackers? Lolololol

8. Daddy Long Legs

No because you said you want the dodgers to win...

Did you not see the part of your post where you said that? Here, let me get it for you.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Giles needs to be gone next year. Dude doesn't have "IT". My fear is we actually lost the series tonight. Kershaw is a beast. A BEAST. If we can't beat him tomorrow we will have to win two in a row in LA. That is a TALL F'ing order. Yea. We were up. But given Kershaw coming up and then two in LA. Tonight really was as close to a must win you can get without it being an elimination game.

Just love our bullpen

[​IMG]
    image url

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@Cypress has lost the plot. I'm gonna blame alcohol and tonights loss for his outbursts against Astros Nation. Put the bottle down and get some rest because we got a big game tomorrow.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Keuchel is also a BEAST especially at home. Gonna be great, may the best team win.

12. Cypress

Cypress Member

Like i said **** like this wants me to cheer for the Dodgers to win. You got Astros fan giving him a standing ovation. This is deeper than baseball.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Indeed. Hopefully 2015 home Keuchal shows up tomorrow. Complete game shutout would be nice and I know he can do it.
    Someone remind the offense to set their alarm clocks. They didn't get out of bed this morning.

14. BackdoorHarden

I'm not the racist that cheered on Gurriel. I'm not the racist that said you can't let the inmates run the show. I'm not the racist fans or teammates that stood up for Gurriels.

Imagine if a white player did the same thing as Gurriel. He would have been given a 50 games ban

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  15. Cypress

Cypress Member

Gurriel should of been suspended from the WS.

16. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Oh well, back to football.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, just shut the **** up. He screwed up, he apologized twice, baseball took action, etc. Stop being such a crybaby. Better yet, really, go root for the Dodgers. The board would be better off.

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Go ahead and cheer for the Dodgers on account of Gurriel's stupidity and bc of comments made by other Astros fans that you're offended by.

Maybe you can go support them on their forums.

19. Cypress

Cypress Member

No need for me to cheer for them. Its a wrap.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Stfu Dodger boy