1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Not only have to beat top three payrolls, but probably top three douchiest fan bases. Dodgers sleeping on Houston. I hope we pound them.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is there any other place besides StubHub that fans can get tickets? I'm only seeing prices starting at $900....

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

The bar I was at last night (in Seattle)...literally < 7 seconds after the final out had been caught and there was mostly celebration, I hear some guy at the table behind me "well, it's not as compelling as having the Yankees vs. the Dodgers". Decided not to let him ruin my next 5 hours, but what a stupid comment

DonKnock, BigMaloe, swyyyguy and 2 others like this.
  4. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Kershaw is yet to choke in the playoffs, hope he does on Tuesday to steal game one.

swyyyguy likes this.
  5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

He's actually only ever been OK in the postseason. In his career, he has a 4.40 postseason ERA, and he's had some rough outings. He gave up seven ER against the Phillies in 6.2 innings back in the 2009 NLCS. In 2013, he gave up seven ER over ten innings across two starts against the Cardinals in the NLCS, and then the very next year against STL in the NLDS, he gave up 11 ER in 12.2 innings. And as recently as last year, he gave up eight ER in 12.1 innings across three appearances against Washington in the NLDS.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, and I think we have to expect the Astros will get Kershaw at his best until we find out otherwise, but he has been fairly human when it matters most in his career.

mrm32 likes this.
  6. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I really think this series against Yankee pitchers and bullpen plus playing in Yankee stadium will serve Astros well against Dodgers.

I suspect Dodger hitters will be more desciplined than Yankees, and Dodgers will try to steal against McCann. Should be a good series. Astros in 6.

Tfor3, Sajan, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is it Tuesday yet?

Tfor3 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No, and thank god for that. I need a f**king mental break from these playoffs.

9. SuraGotMadHops

"We take what we want! And after we take CC Sabathia, we want the gold sucka! Clayton Kershaw? We comin for you n****!!!"

[​IMG]

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

For the casual fan NY vs LA is more compelling . Historically they have played each other in the WS 11 Times.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

But real baseball fans across the country want this matchup I think. Purists should want the two best teams in the fal classic.

2 + 100 win teams is crazy!

12. bobrek

Thus my use of the word casual.... :)

macho GRANDE and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

I know homie. I know you def know that. I aint correcting you bro. Just furthering the conversation lol.

macho GRANDE and bobrek like this.
  14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Yeah I get that..maybe I need to add some context. The guy had been semi-paying attention to the game throughout, peppering in random fake knowledge but not really watching. Combining that attitude with the immediate comment as soon as the game ended, and I was irritated

15. Daddy Long Legs

Hey are we gonna sticky this?

OP is good luck since his astros in 7 thread!

@Clutch @Castor27 (unless its getting saved for castor to make the WS thread)

Please and thank you!

16. dwood21

dwood21 Member

I sure hope so. I can see him making the difference in a game with his defense or base running. He's that valuable.

adw likes this.
  17. bobrek

When I was a kid, they used to pit the Dodgers against the Yankees on the Match game (I think that was the one). It was always compelling :) to watch a Whitey Ford led team square off against Don Drysdale.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He wasn't gonna watch one way or the other.

Baseball does not attract casual fans without a rooting interest. It is a sport that plays extremely strong in local markets, and the baseball die hards will watch, but casuals are very meh about it.

19. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Good grief...you ARE ancient! ;)

20. bobrek

I still have a 5 in the tens digit on my age. ( for 5 more weeks)

Tomstro and Castor27 like this.