1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Univision reporter calls out Obama on failed immigration promise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 22, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Good to see a reporter asking Obama the tough questions. It's about time. Obama was at a complete loss for words to explain his broken promise. Just another example of Obama's record of failure.

<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=1&VID=23818134&freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbartprivate' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...eporter-You-Broke-Your-Promise-On-Immigration

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What do you specifically suggest Obama do about immigration?

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

He should be calling out his own goverment on there failures and not worry about what Prez Obama is doing for the American people.

4. bigtexxx

lol Univision is a US company. Or were you admitting Obama's obvious failures

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Did they ask him about his spray on tan?

6. mc mark

BTW texxx can you tell us why the Dream act wasn't passed?

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Obama isn't the worst president and he certainly isn't the best president. Considering the previous administrations and the choices of candidates from last election and this election, he's done ok. There is just two things that irk me.

1) Selling out to the insurance companies for Obama care. (enough said)

2) His constant blame shifting. "It was the previous administrations fault". "I can't get my promises done because the Republicans wont let me". "You didn't get your business there by yourself". "My administration took out Bin Laden".
    Basically, if Obama was your co-worker, he would be the douche bag that you could not stand working with. Is it any wonder the Republicans (his co-workers) don't want to work with him?

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

He was at a lost for words? Looks to me like he automatically answered the question....

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's nonsense. They didn't want to work with him from day one. They've said and done as much.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

I agree with most of your post- but I think to an extent the Republicans are to blame as well for the gridlock in Washington.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is the least productive congress in the history of congress...

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yes I know that, but I don't think the president is the one who should take all the blame for that (although he shouldn't be totally exempt).

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Obama didn't get immigration reform passed. The logical thing for someone who cares about immigration reform to do is to vote for the guy supported by Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio and the rest of the nativists?

14. bigtexxx

He's a p***y that doesn't take responsibility

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Except in the DNC he specifically said he made mistakes.

btw OP you should of put a spoiler tag on video.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

When you resort to insults...

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

It must hurt Republicans that one of the most restrictive presidents on immigration has garnered such a large share of the immigrant vote. Perhaps they should reflect on the sordid state of their own party with regards to policy of any kind (but yes, most notably immigration policy) before they look at what the other party does.

After all, the fact that the Democrats could have the one of the highest deportation records of any administration, and still see their vision being a hell of a lot more appealing than that of the Republicans is laughable. Maybe if the GOP wasn't so concerned with going a century or two back, they could actually attack this issue with substance, rather than smirk relentlessly at an imperfect immigration policy they want to regress even further.

1 person likes this.
  18. mc mark

Mr Obama will be the bigger man and continue to be our President.

19. Relentless

Relentless Member

[​IMG]

20. Relentless

Relentless Member

Should've or should have, it's never should of.