1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

University Of Toronto Gender-Neutral Bathrooms Reduced After Voyeurism Reports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would you just watch that video. Honestly if you were to watch that I'd really respect you a great deal for being open minded even if it didn't change your mind.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

According to a poll that is entirely wrong. Seems that many TGs are worried about using certain restrooms because of harrassment they face, and if that's the case then it seems some non-TGs people DO actually care. As evidenced by this thread.

If women are worried about it (Have yet to see a poll show that) then nothing changes. FTM TGs will still stroll into their restrooms looking like men.

Also, you are not the judge on this. Many people who study in the field psychology and other related field would disagree that it's that simple. I'll trust their word on it over yours.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I did watch your video. It was 60 seconds long and only showed an attractive asian who transformed herself into a boyish look.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is the defining debate of our generation.

5. Space Ghost

FTM TG's? Thats gold. By your logic, they were "born" male with a vagina, and further, they were never females in the first place. How can they be FTM's?

Maybe you need to go out and sample it yourself. 50%+ people oppose unisex bathrooms while ~25% dont care.

Also by your logic, they are afraid to use a mens restroom for fear of persecution, but they are completely fine with using a females bathroom where they will face even more persecution?

And private family rooms are not an option to resolve this issue to, correct? Even though an estimate 7% people have a condition called paruresis, also known as shy bladder syndrome, who would happily to see an increase of private lockable restrooms. Why not go with an option that helps over 21x more people?
    The answer is simple; Its not so much about solving issues as it is forcing other people to accepts someone elses twisted beliefs.

It is that simple. What other species do we provide exceptions? The answer is none. This is because other species do not create complicated gender constructs.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol yeah by my logic. What? It's a term to describe. Boy are you are being dense.

After reading the first bit of this post I've decided it probably makes little sense to discuss this with you. You've just decided that in your mind, Transgender people don't exist or shouldn't exist. Despite what anyone else says on the matter you've figured it all out by yourself.

This thread is about unisex bathrooms by the way and how some perv decision to perv has the university thinking about reducing the amount of unisex bathrooms because of that. It really has nothing to do with Transgender people, only a paranoid person comes to that conclusion.

And I've NEVER seen this big deal from many Transgender persons against unisex bathrooms. Until you provide a report or poll or damn even an article written by one that shows that Transgender people are against unisex bathrooms I'm calling BS on you. The argument has been unisex bathrooms but when they are not around, to use the restroom they please.

Twisted beliefs...lol, you stepped in it now haven't you? Twisted beliefs...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

So, Twisted beliefs?

Also please don't bring other species into this. Some species do actually change sex...it's probably best to keep the rest of the Animal Kingdom out of this since we are talking about humans...but you are wrong...of course. There are species that do up and change sex, there are even species that will mimic the other sex for one reason or another...

http://www.wired.com/2012/10/transgendered-bellbird/

Again, it seems biology and psychology are not your strong suit. You should probably leave it in the hands of people that do study it. If you can find counter studies and or discussions based in science that say these are just twisted beliefs then I will change my opinion on the subject right here and then. I'm never someone to be stubbornly wrong.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Actually, I don't think so. More like the ultimate distraction.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No it was an entire 60 minutes segment that was about 10 minutes. So obviously you didn't watch it.

It talked about how when "she" was growing up that in every way it was a struggle and she was suffering from major depression until she learned that she was in fact a he. It talks about her parents and how they reacted and how he reacted and the difficult choices he had to make.

If you saw all of that maybe you coud have an ounce of compassion but you didnt judging by your dismissive summary. It goes to show how closed you are.

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Like the immigration debate that hinges on the ~0.00000001% possibility of terrorist attack and the ~2% to -2% impact of immigration on wages?

Empirically speaking, this debate has as much if not more relevance than the usual bread and wine circus that is American politics.

10. Northside Storm

LOL my friend. Do not bring nature in this.

My favorite example are clownfish. If a female dies, the father actually becomes a female and conceivably gets mated by his son. Finding NEMOOOOOOO

Nature will only show you that human sexuality is surprisingly binary and boring even in the context of animal mating--despite our stated capacity for imagination and elaboration. Well, human sexuality mandated by a council of politicians or a former slave trader, in any case.

11. Northside Storm

HB2 actually does apply to a whole host of people:

HB2 is basically Republicans deciding to weaken 70 years of precedent in discrimination ACROSS THE BOARD because "gender-neutral bathrooms". Then taking power away from cities becaue "f**k it". This kind of irrational animus must be fought tooth and nail.

So next time you bring up the issue, notice that it's not TGs who are arguing one way or another beyond asking not to be discriminated against by gender identity, it's a whole bunch of lawmakers who spend their time, I imagine, like bigtexxx does, thinking of all of the "implications"--because there is no evidence, absolutely none of present consequences.

12. Northside Storm

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...rs-face-scorn-violence-using-public-restrooms

http://www.thetaskforce.org/static_html/downloads/reports/reports/ntds_full.pdf

Now, what evidence is there that people should have to fear gender-neutral bathrooms?

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/03/20/15-experts-debunk-right-wing-transgender-bathro/198533

etc. etc. etc.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I was being sarcastic just in case no one picked up on it.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

TBH I would have an issue with some dude following my daughter into a public restroom/shower. Perhaps I am just some Neanderthal but I would not witness that and count it as a victory for human rights. I would take her out or ask the dude wth he's doing.

Anyway the solution is clear. Let private establishments implement gender neutral facilities if they desire, but don't force them to with the threat of violence.

As for public establishments, it's messier. I suppose it should be up for popular a vote if this is a democracy? Eh who knows. I'm not really passionate about this "issue" from a national perspective. Y'all do whatever.

As for transgenders in general, hey, live your life. Be who you are (whatever that means to you) and I hope you are happy. But, like all others, don't infringe upon another's rights; there's no such thing as The Right to **** & Shower Wherever You Please.

15. Space Ghost

I understand what a hermaphrodite is. Are you suggesting that a person with a penis can "feel" female and just magically start birthing babies?

I didnt think so.

And a clownfish starts off as a male and matures into a female. It has nothing to do with a female dying.

16. Nook

Nook Member

No that makes you a terribly bigoted and hateful person.

No, no, no!

There is clear discrimination of the .03% and the government must make it a law and the other 99.7% of the population must adjust and repress any concerns they have.

Nope.

Man you really are a horrible bigot.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Gotcha... But the more I think about it, you may have been right.

These TYPES of debates will definitely define our generation.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Exactly. Common sense.

You've got people on here who are so wrapped around their group-think conclusions (which are based on tiny micro percentages of the population's issues) that they don't critically think through the problems with their logic. They need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

19. Northside Storm

oh no, why would people want equal protection under the law against irrational discrimination.

People like you Nook (and I say this because I generally think your heart is in the right place) need to wake up and see what kind of bulls**t they're enabling with their apathy.

This phobia of gender neutral bathrooms isn't just a trivial distraction, it is being used by Republicans to impose irrational policy because people find it odd that other people don't want to be beaten in the bathroom for being who they are.

In fact, this sentiment is so strong they more or less have suppressed the rights of cities to decide in one state and thumbed their nose at Title IX protections for gender identity. $4.5 billion in federal funding for schools might go awry in order for North Carolina to irrationally discriminate. And this is something that is going to continue for every state so long as people don't wake the f**k up.

20. Northside Storm

Never say never.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject....al-wombs-the-coming-era-of-motherless-births/