1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unity party ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by snowconeman22, Jul 17, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When has swinging for the fences ever worked and why is this the only opportunity, Yang can run again in 20/24.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord. When Joe Rogan triggers you that’s saying something. Calm down Mr. high and mighty as always. I don’t think I’ve read a single post of yours here in 10 years or however long where do dont ooze a pompous know it all attitude.

I’ve said it before Rogan has a good podcast and I’m actually in his key demographic so it would make sense I tend to like it. I was only speaking to his politics which isn’t on the nose but he’s smart enough to understand his audience demographic and understand where they typically are. He’s a smart guy and knows his audience I just wouldn’t assume he’s going to lead anyone towards Democrats. Kind of the opposite but it’s fine. It’s his podcast and he does mostly have interesting discussion most of which isn’t political at all.

But he is culturally significant and even small amounts of political direction makes a huge impact in our culture with my demographic. Having an opinion about him isn’t a big deal.

So calm down and get off your damn high horse.

CometsWin, KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hey you think Biden is Jesus Christ!

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

it’s been the dominant trend in mlb the last couple of years

I believe swinging for the fences is necessary because I believe we are ****ed . I believe we are ****ed with trump , ****ed with biden , and ****ed with the darkhorse duo ... I think this 3rd option gives us the best chance of un****ing ourselves.

we can say that biden will have a great cabinet of bright minds ( maybe including yang himself) but biden is the guy in charge , he’s the one evaluating ideas and deciding which to pursue . I would vastly rather have Yang in that position , maybe even the admiral guy (I don’t know enough about him yet)

Yang didn’t come up with UBI , he learned about it and elevated it to the national discussion . Arguably the best and most effective part of the corona stimulus has been the direct cash payments .

It’s funny , I’m not normally a risk taker . I held my nose and voted for Clinton in 2016 . The Democratic Party has let me down . The republicans have never been my cup of tea . If you want absolute honestly I’ve lost faith in either party to govern effectively and fairly .

I would love the ability to (going back to sports analogies) string a couple of singles together . The problem is every time I get on first Mitch ****ing McConnell picks me off . I would be sold on incremental progress if democrats were better at politics. Maybe it’s also the design , the pendulum swinging back and forth .

I think there’s a 50/50 shot we are at the doorstep of the next Great Depression and the positive case ain’t that good either .

I understand that my perspective might not even seem rational .

arkoe, mdrowe00, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jesus was 32 year old Jewish Hippie carpenter. When I picture Joe Biden that’s exactly what I picture.

Ubiquitin, mdrowe00, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Let's just agree to disagree, i appreciate that I could ask you real questions and you answered without becoming angry.

We actually need people like you to push the conversation into other areas and some of them being not exactly rational.:D

RayRay10 and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mr. Space Ghost has been cherry picking some odd things recently to use as a springboard to display his pearl clutching triggered outrage.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

thanks haha . I was just happy to engage in discussion around something I am interested in and made me feel a bit hopeful

if it was an easy sell then it wouldn’t be the darkhorse duo

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Guys , something implicit in the premise is that the candidates (right now ) are fungible .

is there a dream team that you’d vote for over the other choices ?

What about a Dave chappelle / Daryl Morey combo ? Certainly with those two genius minds together they’d listen to the right people and come to the right solution .

before highly asks about how they tame congress : Dave cusses em out and Morey beats their ass at ping pong .

bonus points - electing Morey is flipping the bird to China . State of the union becomes a standup special .

do I have something here or am I just high ?

ryan_98 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Can we please just first get Trump out of office?

4 years and 4 years later we can work on all this...but first things first...get the orange jackass out of office. That's it.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Conservatives are very conciliatory and amenable to compromise...

once it becomes pretty clear that they are losing. If the polls turned around you'd be right back to doing what you did for the first 3 years of Trump.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yes. Every four years.

13. Buck Turgidson

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You remember incorrectly. I vote for the best candidate. Unfortunately in this case there isn't one

15. King1

You're a clown who obviously has me mixed up with someone else. Stick to spamming the board with Twitter garbage

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Aww... perhaps you should report me. Here, I attached a complaint form for you...

[​IMG]

Rashmon, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

These two party systems are too open to corruption and control by big business. Yeah, the system allows for Inds, but what real chance do they have? Their votes get farmed off to one of the two real Partys.
    Australia has a two party system with Inds as well.
    I don't remember if England has it, but I won't be surprised for a second if they do.
    It's frustrating and beyond the voters control as the Inds just don't have the gunpowder to really threaten and that is to our shame - they seem to be nothing more than a token gesture by the "system" to look like it is actually an open election with multiple choices.

18. King1

Ok lol.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

King1 has always been a levelheaded poster.

RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.