1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unity party ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by snowconeman22, Jul 17, 2020.

1. conquistador#11

Unity Party? Sounds communist, Brosev!

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and B@ffled like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We haven't had anti-establishment in good faith though in the White House. People might think individuals like AOC or Bernie are naive but their goals are far driven by sincerity rather than just using populism as a political career launch point like Trump. At least I hope.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh okay. Yeah I made the point earlier about Game of Thrones and how there was a uniting of unlikely allies to defeat the Night King. Not sure if you watched that show or not, but it's pretty accurate and pretty telling of the challenges that lie ahead if we are lucky enough for Biden to win. Biden is basically Jon Snow. Kind of a dull character, but is able to unite many different factions for one objective.

I TOTALLY think that about the Biden coalition. If Trump wasn't a threat to Democracy, Biden wouldn't have been the pick because there would be more targeted ideological parties. Right now we'd still have the tail end of the primary race with Biden out, and a choice between probably Mayor Pete and Bernie with major parts of the coalition potentially not having a seat in the war room.

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Maybe you can use your vote on the best VP .

King1 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

Honestly that helps Biden as from what I remember you seem pretty right wing/reactionary so you would probably typically vote GOP.

6. dobro1229

I would MUCH RATHER be debating in the GARM about things like Terrence Jones vs D-Mo that's for damn sure. Democracy is supposed to be more institutional and not so bombastic & controversial. That's what the framers had in mind.... before they shot each other in street in a duel of course lol.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D-Mo. Not even close.

8. dobro1229

Hands down. However the amount of Sh$t you'd get for even acknowledging that Terrence Jones was an actual member of the Houston Rockets was insane. People absolutely HATED that man. If anything gets Bobby back to the DD it'll be this mention.

9. fchowd0311

Probably the fact that TJones kinda seemed like a head case but that's only from a few anecdotes such as stomping on a homeless man and this hilarious incident:

Watch the full video. Worth it.

dobro1229 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

He is. He voted for trump in 2016 (though suspect he now claims he didn't), and he plans to vote for trump again in 2020 (though he claims he won't).

Reeko, fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Please use the [Galaxy Brain] tag when you're going to start threads off this way.

snowconeman22 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. SamFisher

^Non-native english speaking troll doing the same "they both suck, but at least Trump is awesome" subroutine from 2016.

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't question their sincerity but I do question their capability.

Biden might actually surprise you in regards to moving the country in a progressive direction. One of the most successful presidencies in terms of getting a progressive agenda passed was the consummate insider establishment LBJ. LBJ's knowledge of the working's of the Congress made him far more effective getting stuff passed than JFK even though JFK was far more charismatic. In the same way Biden's extensive knowledge of the Senate might make him far better getting things passed.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It would be better to call for ranked choice voting. Then you can vote for a 3rd party first without fear of tossing your vote away.

15. fchowd0311

Also I think electoral votes should be split in each state based on proportion of electoral votes.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I am definitely calling for that too . But , both parties have a vested interest in blocking it from happening . It looks like it’s gaining popularity, but I’m skeptical

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You honestly think I am from another country? Dude I was born and raised right here in Houston. Stop being a p***y behind a keyboard. I find it hard to believe you have any friends outside of your basement with such a pugnacious attitude. News Flash - you are in the minority outside of a few of your votarients.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why would you trust Yang and the general?

What have they done to gain your trust?

How do they get anything done since neither would have sway over either party in congress?

How do these guys get to use the moniker of Unity, who do they unify?

Why are these guys more competent than the 80 year old?

None of this makes much sense.

Patience, Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What is the exact platform for this I can't bring myself to align politically with women, immigrants, minorities and LGBTQ party? If we're making sixth parties based on podcasters have Karen Kilgariff or Gareth Reynolds floated anything yet?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

I AM A LONE STAR CITY NATIVE AND FAN OF LOCAL FOOTING BASKET TEAMS - YOUR PUGNACITY CANNOT BEAT MY BIG BOY TROUSERS SAPIENT!

- @davidio840

RayRay10 likes this.