1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

United Airlines Set To Fire 600 Employees For Not Getting Vaccine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 29, 2021.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This COVID saga is just surreal.

Close to one million dead, lockdowns, conspiracy theorists.
    What the hell.

krnxsnoopy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

For many.... chaos is a ladder.

Colt45 and Kim like this.
  3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Kinda funny when you think about it. Hero's last year. Zero's this year. Expected to work last year with little to know info on Covie, put their lives at risk to care for others - all without a vaxx or known treatments?

Also kinda funny - apparently we should trust the medical professionals and their opinions, but only the ones that follow the narrative. All others - fired and/or banned on social media. Remember when we would go to multiple doctors for 2nd/3rd opinions? Guess those days are gone.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Its not a fking narrative, it's one back by research, evidence and data. That's how science works.

Health care workers were put at risk last year bc the previous administration was incompetent on how to handle the pandemic with some of those people claiming it doesn't even exists. There were days doctors and nurse had to reuse mask and risk their lives while we had dumb fk out there refusing to believe covid is a serious disease.
    Since we know how fking bad it was, that is y the majority of the medical community is recommending u 2 get fking vaccinated.

Those that refuse the vaccine especially those that work in Healthcare deserves termination.
    It's your body and u have the right to get or refuse vaccines, just remember companies have the right 2 fire your ass 2 if they make it a company policy.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay but they aren't subject matter experts.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A significant majority of medical professionals are vaccinated. They are doing wonderful things.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have mixed opinions about this. I agree it's ludicrous that health workers still refuse to get vaccinated. The large majority of their coworkers are vaccinated so they have first hand knowledge that the vaccines aren't nearly as harmful as getting COVID. They are also putting their patients and others at risk. The problem is that through out this country we have a severe shortage of healthcare workers.

I think healthcare workers who don't actually follow best practices in healthcare should be working but practically we need to retain as many as we can. I'm just wondering if we can move unvaccinated healthcare workers to lower risk jobs while requiring them to get tested daily.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There are zillionth opinions that the vaccines are safe. Find me a doctor who says it's not safe

Blatz likes this.
  9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

96% of Doctors are vaccinated. 2% are planning on getting vaccinated. I think 98% is pretty much a majority consensus.

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

At work -
    A lady on the 3rd floor lost her 20yr old healthy son to COVID.
    Meanwhile, people on the 2nd floor are joking about having a COVID party.

It's really disgusting to me.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Keep in mind - you can become a healthcare worker (like a Certified Nursing Assistant) with (sometimes as little as) a GED and 4 weeks of training - depending on the program. Some of these people aren't that educated.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Honestly if you are a healthcare worker and don't believe in vaccines I have fundamental concerns about your ability to do your job correctly.

What if there were a firefighter who didn't believe water put out fires, or a pilot that didn't believe in gravity.

FranchiseBlade and TheFreak like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

One might say prick/impale them to death

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love some most nurses. However, I hate the ones that actually think they know better than doctors and there are plenty of them.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My wife is an RN that teaches in the ASN program at a local college. So many of her students are flat out idiots. She sometimes has me take tests/quizzes (mind you I'm an accountant) and I generally do better than many of the students. Granted those students generally don't make it through the program, unless they learn to apply themselves better, and then it is a tall order to pass the NCLEX.

I saw one on Facebook talking about how she would never take it as a nurse. She's a damn LPN that didn't even have to take Biology or Chemistry, let alone the number of courses needed to be an expert on the subject.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have a bit more sympathy for stubborn airline workers than stubborn nurses. Anti-vaxxing in a nurse tells me you can't do any part of your job right. Not so with airline workers, even though I'd prefer flying with a vaccinated crew. But I do think the company can set standards for their workers to support the promise they want to give customers, and they don't have to employ people who won't go along.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t feel sorry for any of the idiots that get terminated, they can go b*tch on FB and cry in the unemployment line

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Props to those firefighters for not going along with the narrative.

IBTL likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True and you can be an orderly with very little training and still be a "healthcare worker". Ideally people not following best practices shouldn't be there but we also have some severe shortages of healthcare workers. As much as I think these people are entitled and acting willfully ignorant if we lose to many healthcare workers that will make the situation even worse.

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Not every nurse sees covid patients regularly so I don't think we should assume that nurses, in general, have first-hand knowledge. The one with true first-hand knowledge works in the ICU, which I would assume require higher-skilled nurses and where the acute and above normal shortages are happening. It's not unforming everywhere though as some states are doing reasonably well vs others.

Someone in the industry would understand this more, but from reporting, it seems that there is an actual temporary lower need for nurses in areas that don't deal with covid directly. I saw reports of hundreds of hospitals laying off workers due to large volume drops in elective services (b/c of suspension of it or people just simply delaying).

With that said, regular testing seems to be a reasonable compromise in the short term. But I think healthcare is one of those industries where a "safety" baseline for patients can't be compromised.