1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uninsured Patients twice as likely to die of cancer in U.S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thadeus, Jul 5, 2009.

1. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

There's actually already a black market out there for organs these days :(

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the problem with the auto insurance analogy is that auto insurance is for the benefit of others.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

So you think the average American consumer is making good spending decisions on the topic of healthcare?

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Given the choice between going bankrupt and living, or taking your money to the grave, I'm not sure there's any room for a good spending decision.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah, even if true, so what if cancer surviving rates are higher when survivor rates due to the majority of medical conditions such as diabetes andhigh blood pressure is poorer.

Also many conservatives claim to have big time interest in the unborn, yet don't seem to care that more are born dead are failed to live past infancy with the American for profit medical scheme. What a contradiction.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It's absolutely mind boggling that people are still this ignorant. Healthcare costs are the LAST place you should point the personal responsibility finger. I never go to the doctor, never get sick, I eat right and exercise but year after year my premiums keep going up. Why? Because group health insurance is SOCIALIZED! Take a deep breath and think that through. Everyone at my job pays the same premiums while others go to the doctor more than me. I pay premiums and never go. Damn those other people! They're getting more of a benefit than I am even though we pay the same amount!

Where is the anger over this outrage? It happens every day in every group health plan in America.

If I told you everyone would pay the same car insurance premium a month no matter their driving record you would scream how that was unfair because reckless drivers should pay more. You already complain about welfare bums taking more than they put in.

Maybe we tolerate this because trying to afford health insurance all on our own would be impossible. We need to spread the risk pool to afford it.

Maybe just maybe your black and white, deregulation/free markets/capitalism is the answer to everything tunnel vision mindset is wrong as usual.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Your right there are poor communities like Memphis for example who have as low of a mortality rates as low as some third world countries. This is a cause of the high expenses of health care in the US. This is an husge example of the 20/80% rule.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I really try to avoid posting personal things on here, but i have to admit my mom had cancer surgery recently, cancer in her bladder. they caught it in time, the surgery was timely and she's doing very well considering.

a couple of things, she was an rn at md anderson for over 25 years, she's on medicare, retired, and she had texas teacher's retirement, md anderson is a division of ut. I don't know if that includes insurance.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

glad she is doing well. good thoughts sent your way.